Makehuman install file containing virus and unwanted softs

Hi, after a long time far from 3D stuff due to family and health troubles, I come back and update my usual softwares…

Bad surprise with Makehuman : Don’t use the Big Green Download button on the page : the linked file contains a virus overiding search engine preferences in windows, changing the starting page and default search engine in browser (installs mysearchdial and various unwanted shortcuts on the desk). Difficult to remove.

Use instead the little download feature in the menu bar.

That’s an advertisement. It even says Ads by Google at the top left of it. You need to be more careful where you click.

Steve S

Not so obvious : there is no title on or around the button, and the line under Zip Opener is very small not readable on the screen I used for download. Even if obvious, this nasty Zip Opener adware/malware is currently almost everywhere on supposed serious sites ! Two of my friends and neighbours have got their computer infected these two past weeks by the same Mysearchdial thing…

That, unfortunately, is how certain companies try to lure you into clicking on advertisements.

To avoid this from happening install an ad blocker - I use Adblock Plus with Firefox, and it removes 99.5% of all banners and advertisements on the web pages.

Because of Adblock Plus I do not even see that button you mentioned on the makehuman web page. Or any other advertisement.

Take back control, and install an ad blocker.

Thanks for the advice herbert123. I have a good security suite (Bitdefender) but it doesn’t prevent from bad ads. I will try Adblock Plus.

I have had malware even on my Mac: http://macsecurity.net/view/69/ Macshop ads. Nothing is safe