Transparent Textures.. What's Wrong?

I use to know how to do this, but for too long now i havn’t been able to get this to work…
I use to think it was problems with the images i used, but even if i create the images myself i can’t get this to work.

I have a simple button texture i made in photoshop. The corners of the image were 100% transparent. The image was saved as a PNG aswell. (I see this forum even recognizes the transparency)

I plug this image into blender on a flat plane. Unwrap the plane aswell,
Give it a material with 100% transparency (i try Z transparency, Mask, And Raytrace)

Then in the textures panel i check the box that Says Alpha.

As far as i know, that is suppose to make all that is transparent within an image to disappear.

But that is never the result i get. Sometimes there’s odd discoloration of the image or it will treat the transparency as black and white values where Black becomes transparent and white does not.

I’m in Blender 2.68 and…

Am i doing something wrong here? i just don’t understand why i can’t get these sorts of things to work anymore.

Thank you x:

Wait Wait Wait…

Leave it to me to solve my own question only after i make a post about it…

Sorry about that…

Under the tab “Images” when i selected the texture image, there’s a check box for “Use Alpha”

I don’t know if that’s defaulted to be off or what but i needed that on to solve the problem.