Challenge #552 (01/10/14) Entries CLOSED

Theme #552 for January 10 2014 is: Dreadnought

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday January 13 2014.

dreadnought as in the battle ship, guitar or fictional war machine? or can we do whatever as long as it a “dreadnought”?

I agree, What kind of dreadnaught? I know I am a treky, so if we could do any kind of dreadnaught, I would make a Jem’hadar dreadnaught.

Or you could do a fictional war machine playing a guitar on the bridge of a battleship… :slight_smile:

My intention with this theme was to bring out all of your different interpretations of this word.
So if you ask me I would say you can do whatever you want as long as it is related to the word and its meaning.

I plan to build an WW2 battleship and modify it so it can fight ins space. If I remember it right something like this appeart in an old anime i saw as a child. :smiley:

hahah i was totally thinking that

Honey Badger it is!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

That is an interesting topic… Might be difficult…
However the only Dreadnaught i’m aware of is from way back as a kid playing Red Alert 2. I believe it was the soviet team that had a battleship called a dreadnaut that fired two V3 rockets from it onto land.

hmm…
I shall try to dread-Not through this xDD
yeah yeah i know where the exit is, That was baad, sorry xD

Warhammer40k usees a Dreadnought in the miniatures & video games, I liked the idea of making a mech but id rather do something more organic. out.http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40kfanon/images/archive/c/cb/20100627192317!Dreadnought.jpg

Here is my entry. It is a pure entry modeled using blender 2.69 and rendered using freestyle. The music sheet in the background is an image and I added the text during post processing in GIMP.
I wanted to give a play on the word dreadnought and the idea of music soothing the soul made me think of not being afraid or dreading and hence came up with dread not. hope you like it.

I couldn’t think of anything this week so I fell back on the play on words, again.

Attachments

Dreadnought battleship

Heh, my junk drawer has a few “dread knots” of cables in it. Nice one @Ryeath.

So here my non-participating entry.

"Sir I have a contract. Oh no… its the USSC Dreadnought! She is joining the battle!

my entry this week is a dreadnought war machine I did some research and decided to make my own it is all pure all done in blender and textures were made in photoshop, I hope you all like it.

Guitar

Here is my pure entry for this week. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Dreddnought

Here is my entry. I decided to go with the guitar. Open entry since some of the post was done in gimp, and the lighting setup was by cenobi.

rendered at 200 samples.

This is taking longer than I expected. But, in going a different route (as Im not sure if he even counts) I tried to do Optimus Prime. Its unfinished as I dont think I have enough time to finish.

Title: Martin Guitars D28

: Pure with a little bit post processing arrangement.