sensor size and image quality

I did a little reading and the sensors seem much the same CDD and comos. So how come a 500 dollar cannon DSLR rebel can have a bigger sensor then a 3000 dollar video camera? would not the DSLR take better resolution movies?
I read this
“the signal-to-noise ratio and dynamic range improve as the size increases.”
here

the crucial is the size of a pixel. DSLR have big sensor but they have huge resolution so the pixels can be the same size in the 3000 fullHD videocamera. CCD and CMOS are very different. The main difference is that CCD’s usually have global shutter but CMOS have far better low light performance (high ISO). The size of the sensor also affects the lens size so it’s sometimes quite a good idea to keep the sensor small to have the ability to design fast and light lenses - imagine 10x zoom with constant f1.8 - you would not get it for full frame.
But it’s true that nowadays the sensor size in cameras also increases - same as the resolution.
The other difference between video camera and DSLR is moire - usually quite bad on dslr’s and also the codec and compression. Good quality video cameras can record in higher bit depth and less compressed video - and that really makes a difference…

Thanks I shot some footage in My digital camera/ point and shoot It was supposed to be HD. I think it was 720 1280 but I was difficult to track. The lighting was good. I am studying cameras to see what I can afford…what I can afford in the future. Maybe I can find some comparison charts.
I understand more now thanks.