blackdot - sketchbook

i made these while trying out stuff. theyre simple but hopefully still likeable.

here i tried to replicate something i saw in the motion graphics thread.

and here i was playing around with billboard particles. fancy pancy :wink:

Attachments

Fiddled around with the ocean modifier:

also did some first grass tests:

Very impressive stuff blackdot … i hope you have alot more to share in here in the futur. Keep it up :slight_smile:

thanks for the kind words.

made this random video while trying out particle textures:

first try of a forest. trees made with arbaro, rendered with cycles at 100 samples:

Some more than average work here! I really like what your doing! :smiley:

thanks a lot. I want to aim high of course, but I think there is lots of room to improve. Also it’s easier to make doodles like the things above look good than actually pursuing real projects :).

However here’s another doodle. I experimented with the displacement modifier and noise-texture. Put that on a cylinder and rotated that 360°, and also keyed the z-mapping value of the material. An explanatory screenshot follows below, in the case sb is interested.

https://vimeo.com/88217704

LOL So true, so true :frowning:

More easy fancy stuff, was playing around with volume emitted particles here:

some pretty cool tests! I especially like the black and white video from March 14.

as i’m now proud owner of a cgcookie membership, i decided to to ALL the courses (:P) and post my results here.

this is my result of the stuffed elephant course:

did another test, based on a tutorial i found on youtube:

and another particle test:

tried out a recent build with the feature that cameras can be placed inside volumes. played around with different procedural textures in cycles, plugged into an emmision shader, which is plugged into the volume-IN. first up: voronoi. more to come.

watch out, it’s 1080p ;).

\Edit: same thing with a distorted noise-texture:

\Edit2: further testing. this time with cell voronoi and an inverted voronoi:

Experimented with displaced cubes in a tube. It’s a cube tube so to say :). The cubes are duplifaces on the displaced cylinder. The texture that affects the displacement is animated in one direction.

https://vimeo.com/113053828

btw here’s my result of two cgcookie tuts, modelingand renderinga guitar:

currently exerimenting with bokeh because i saw Gleb Alexandrov’s introduction on blendernation.

up first: a test with the bokeh blur node.

and then: a test with actual light reflecting planes (rough glossy material):

I really like your work, keep it up. I look forward to seeing more.

thanks, dross, very kind.

here a new “sketch”. it’s a diamond :P, peeked at various diamond tutorials that are out there.

There’s a lot of interesting stuff here. I’ll be sure to follow this.

thanks TARDIS Maker, glad to hear that :).

did a third bokeh test, this time faked it completely with part emmissive, part translucent circles: