The sketchbook of Falkbeard.

Hey guys. Been around here for a few months now.

Basically I was just too intimidated too post any of my work and opinions/crit :frowning: But alas, I’ve decided to go for it. I came to Blender From SketchUP and I still do most of my modelling there are I feel my workflow is still faster etc. Modelling in blender is completely different and I am probably a level before beginner. Anyway, enough of me babbling on…

I like creating assets that are very common in the real world. such as containers, dividers (barriers), fences etc.

looking for any feedback?

Sticking to the kinda, Dark sci fi-is theme.

Attachments

Welcome to BA! You’ve got some quality work here; are they game assets, or rather, high-poly? I like the dividers best, anyways. Keep it up!

blender youtube videos will have you up and running very quickly! I first started a year ago with cgboorman - an entire series. but now have so many favorite youtube channels that I am usually watching a new tut the day it is published!

Thanks boss. The dividers are kinda low poly lol. Just under 4000 tris for the rebars but the main concrete block has quads, which is about 480 faces.
@Subdural, I’ll have a look. Thanks!

Here’s a turntable look at new textures on the divider with rebar.

very nice work.

This is where I am so far. UV’s are fine just the textures i’m not sure about.

But my main problem is this…

As you can see, The lines of the cylinder are clearly visible. Any tips on how to make it smoother? I’ve tried the modifier but it just warps the mesh.

Thanks for any info guys!

Just a render of a corrugated iron sheet. Created in SketchUP and everything else in Blender. Diffuse/Normal and Specular.

Low-Poly
Rendered with Cycles.

First you have to set the shading to smooth, and if that doesn’t work you have to add a subsurf modif and then, to maintain mesh form, 1- delete the faces on either ends of the tube, 2- create 2 loop cuts and slide them right up next to both ends. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Boss! For some reason I had to split my mesh into loose parts and then subdivide the outer surface. Looks better now.

BTW- your sig link doesn’t work anymore :frowning:

Oh no! How many people have not had the pleasure of laughing at Bear??? lol thanks for the heads up, I’d been meaning to update my sig for a while.

Decided to import some other models and assets into the Pipe and make a render of a few of them. Right now I have about 20 different texture styles for the Iron Sheet.

For some reason I’m not totally happy with the concrete pipe… Anyone give me some tips?
And the Pallet needs some work on the UV for the underside, (I’m seeing weird stretching etc)

Thanks guys!

Attachments

these are some nice stuff man

Thanks dude!

Hmmmm.

Low poly, Game ready asset.

Attachments

Texturing this… Was meant to add a path around the divider, :no:

Attachments