The Animation Academy Contest: Winter

Welcome to the Animation Academy’s second contest!

As the advertisement contest has been wrapped up, it’s time for the next contest themed:
Winter!

It can be anything from a snowy nature scene to a cozy cabin in a snowfield to snow falling through a window to a warm fireplace to people shoveling snow.
Pretty much anything winter related.

Prize:

Even if they don’t win, all contestants will receive an evergreen tree, and the winner will additionally be given a Winter Tree pack, worth about $125* consisting of two individual realistic trees made especially for the cycles rendering engine, and a spot in the Winner’s Hall.
All of these trees can be used for commercial works.
NOTE: If more than 10 people compete, there will be a second and third prize TBA.

All contestants tree

Winners additional tree pack

Rules:

1. Keep it family friendly, G rated. For example: all entry’s containing nudity, sex, suggestive themes, or gore will be disqualified.
  2. It must be an animation made in blender, a least 3 seconds long, done in the time frame of the contest.
  3. All addons/scripts are allowed, with the exception of Make Human.
  4. The contestants will be required to provide a screen shot of the .blend file/files to prove its a real creation.
  5. All models used must be your own, made in the time the contest is taking place.
  6. You CAN use an external program to add effects to your animation, as long as the base of the animation was made in Blender.
  7. You CAN use any rendering engines.
  8. The winner will be asked to show a screenshot of the .blend file/files to prove it’s something they did.

How to enter:
Upload your animation to YouTube or Vimeo, and post a link in the comments below.
Or you can email: [email protected]

Deadline:
The contest end on February 9th, 2014. The winner will be announced a few days later.

I look forward to seeing the entries!

what if we don’t have a youtube or vimeo account? could you supply an email for us to send you a rendered animation?

Also, What quailfies as gore? would a little bit of blood count as gore? I am considering showing the civil war during the winter.

@Wabuilderman,
You can email: [email protected]
On the issue of gore, the blood would count as it.
I think it’s a bigger challenge to create scenes like that without gore. I have no doubt your up to the challenge!:slight_smile:

Do all textures have to be made by yourself? In other words, Can I use CGtextues and Google Images?

Sure, you can use both, as long as no copyright laws were broken.

Here is my entry entitle Winter in the Woods:

I am a little disappointed in how the falling snow came out, but I understand what the problem was and learned a great deal making the clip.
I hope you enjoy it.

Nice little web site you have there, blend1. While I appreciate medium light gray on medium dark gray might be an edgy and modern choice for font and background, it is very difficult to read. You might think about being a bit more considerate of people who visit your site and forum.

Good point, Orinoco, It has been changed. Thanks for the suggestion.

OK, the winner has been announced! Found out who won at the winners hall here.