3D Ball Game

***############ The Game ############

The idea that I origally had here was to make a simple 3D ball game ; But for now, this game project has been put on hold, but please feel free to post any ideas or assets that could help in any way…
***############ Download ############

Download the game here (open with blender 2.73 !) : Gravity-Balls
***############ Game Controls [B]############

[/B]Use the arrow keys to move the ball.

Use the space bar to make the ball jump.

***############ Special Thanks ############

Python scripts by “brunfunstudios”

Game music by “DST” ; Get royalty free music here : www.nosoapradio.us

A concept proposal by Brunfunstudios.

Here are some screen-shots of the first level, Level 1.

I saw ur game, I didnt finish it but i thought it was cool. i tried to make something like this a while back. i may again sometime. good to see someone else was making something like it.

Glad you liked it ! ; I am working on the second game level, hopefully it will be ready before the end of the year ! Thanks for the post and good luck on your game project :slight_smile:

Well it seems like this game project is going to be on stand-by for again a few months, many things are not working as expected.
So first, I am going to have and make a few “game engine resources” that will involve gravity switches and then take it from there…

I have got out my book “Python Programming for the absolute beginner” and it’s time to get started!, I have been putting it off for too long…

For now you can try and finish the first level, Level 1 ! And if you are motivated enough then try and make another game level ?

I hope that this game will bring to you some inspiration, and who knows ! life is always full of good surprises for those who are patient enough…

And thanks again to everyone for your support and for putting up with me :smiley:

collision with switch-------------and---------message -> gravity manager - direction

in manager

if message=Up-------and------own direction= Up

if message = down----and-----own direction = down?

always------python (apply gravity)

Thanks for the advice “sdfgeoff” ; I like those screenshots of the game with shadows, good job !

I agree that the management of the games assets such as the materials, the textures and the scripts… should be in their own separate files to avoid having the same data in each game level…

I will take it into account and see what I can do.

Here you go, here’s my version of level 1:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17630723/Blends/Level_1.blend

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B29hKf6-B52ccUZrdUNUVjZxMTQ/view?usp=sharing

added another level building piece - “Accelerator Ring”

going through it launches you like a cannon.

Thanks everyone for your posts, it has given me the motivation that I needed…

The accelerator ring, and “hold and charge” and “hold charge and aim” all use the same underlying mechanics,

do you want a copy?

Here is the file,

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B29hKf6-B52cb19nbTM3T0hIRnc/view