sleeping boy

crosspost with my sketchbook, but i wanted share it here too… i hope you enjoy this peaceful scene :slight_smile:

You can tell my wife is a knitter, first thing I noticed was the cables in the blanket.

Excellent work as always.:yes:

Beautiful work! Maybe smooth a bit that teddy bear. Now it looks too rough (Just a tad. It’s almost perfect).
Everyone likes a soft teddy. :slight_smile:

This is an excellent capture of such a moment.

I must repeat myself: WOW!

What to say, the baby is really cute and finely sculpted, you rendered perfectly his mood of serenity (he is a male, isn’t he?), the blankets and the teddy bear are very, very well done, and the monochromaticity and the materials are perfect for the subject.

Five stars.
paolo

Yes, outstanding work, Doris! I must say, this is one of the very, very few times I have seen a cg infant (on any site or in any film) where it hasn’t fallen into the uncanny valley. Perhaps the lack of image textures helps with that. I do agree, the monochromatic scene is pleasing in its simplicity. My eye enjoyed wandering from baby to bear to blanket, just taking in the different textures of each.

Really superb work!

:slight_smile:

thank you, wow, so happy you all enjoy it!

iconw, the teddy is sewed by his mom from a frottee towel, these look rough like that, but are super soft :slight_smile:
yes, paolo, he is male. :slight_smile: glad i was able to show gender too :slight_smile: was not sure it comes across, as in such small childs it is very soft…
james candy, i do not understand “uncanny valley” ,how can he fall in a valley? ( i am german, not native english speaker)
anthony, cables? where do you see cables in the image?

IS a nice scene Doris, u did it again hehe.

nice cloth and teddy bear and baby and his hair, looks relaxing scene, just a But …maybe a bit more detail in face of baby, i know not easy cause the skin is sweet but looks a bit like wax, like polish. but isnt important.

You start the 2014 nice, congratz

Regards.

doris - Read this for explaination of uncanny valley - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley - It basically means that you have reached a point of realism that is creepy feeling because the CG looks real to your eyes, but something “feels” off.

thank you, skaldy… what kind of detail would you suggest? he is meant to be alittle older than just newborn, so not wrinkly anymore. pores?
liquidape, thank you for the link. very interesting and enlightning read!

The knitted pattern in the blanket is called a cable.

aha! wonderful, how sculpting enlarges my language skills :slight_smile:

Another lovely creation from you!

Always on top, congratulations for your creations !

thank you! very happy makes your praise :slight_smile:

I have said it once on your sketchbook, but I will say it again here, great work dorris!

thank you model man, your double effort double appreciated from me :slight_smile:

Doris. top row, five stars, and II wish this could be in the list o fimages newcomers to the software would have to study

thank you craig… yes there are some things to learn in this image, actually i did it too, to learn better control on hair,

Lovely scene Doris! Congrats! :smiley: