crowdsource a pc?

Hello, I am broke,

I get money for in home support for my girlfriend, who has a masters degree but can not work, because of MD, I also have income to take care of my wonderfull little autistic daughter,

All of our money goes to a very high mortgage, the second highest water rate in the country, electric etc.
At this rate I will be unable to purchase a new pc… ever.
I have many things higher on the list then me (new little girl clothes) a new roof…

I would just try and work for it, however I have two people to watch that would cost even more if I do find work…

Long story short, does anyone have any ideas on how to use everones old components to get me a pc capable of blending?

I suppose everyone subscribing to my you tube and watching the crap out of my silly little videos may get me started, hrmmmmm

Do you have any parts now? If so what are they?

If I were you, I would get whatever free parts you can for now. Those you don’t use you could always sell on.
I’ve been considering upgrading my own computer at some point, so if you’re interested I’d be happy to donate the old parts, if the cost of postage is worth it. I probably wouldn’t do much with them, and it seems like a worthy cause. (:

It wasn’t that long that I kind of fell into a similar trap . . . but folks around me rallied and chipped in a bit here and there and that got our head above the water line. Your situation appears to be in the extreme, it seems you live your moment to moment in care of others, and the behest of the guv’mint.

Recently I watched a docu about an abundance of jobs in the hydro-carbons extraction sector of America . . .

If you can get someone to take care of family, maybe this is an area you could consider. It’s hard labor, even harder on the mind, especially if you got colleages who aren’t quite right in the head, or an egg for a boss . . . but a couple of years on that scheme can set you up for about five years…

I’m not saying it’s for you . . . but I did a six month stint in Christchurch a year ago. Good money . . . good exercise . . . but the mental aspect of it all got me to throw the stilson wrench down for the last time. Well when I got back, lucky for me there was a really good job to keep me going for a crust of bread.

kick starter campaign! wouldn’t work, but…
there are other stuff,
and youtube is not one of them
do you think the blender community is capable to get you at least 30million views?
and at least a few (ty) thousand views per week per video for at least 6 months
or at least i though the agreement is as follows

Well I have to say, you’re one of the only members I’ve ever seen on this forum who stated a public interest in crowdfunding a personal want such as a PC rather than doing this little thing called hard work.

If you really need crowdfunding, why not start a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign for your game project and use part of that money for the hardware you need to complete it along with paid development of the BGE to make it better. I would personally not try to make it an extremely large amount for now though, but at least it would be saying they’re funding the development of a product rather than your life.

Are you kidding me? This is your answer to someone who is struggling and asking for advice?

It comes down to needs vs. wants, he has enough money to pay his bills and take care of his daughter (which means he has enough for his needs), but you don’t actually need a powerful PC, you want a PC, but it’s not required to cover basic needs. On top of that, he has a game in the works which he can use as the product that would be funded if he started a crowdfunding campaign (which would cover the PC on the condition that he uses it to complete his project).

Nonetheless, some other member on this forum once posted a link to some website labeled Go Fund Me, I seriously hope there isn’t anyone on that site that are talking about just getting some money handed to them so they can sit on the couch instead of work, your body is built for working after all (and by no means am I suggesting that BPR would be one of those people, because he isn’t).

Don’t feed the troll :wink:

needs vs wants

haves and havenots

supply and demand curve in economics

has skills, but no PC good enough

has time, has potential

surely if there is extremeties in the spectrum of humanities, the law of probability will allow this.

His project “needs” this and his project is innovative and interesting. He’s sharing it and he would otherwise be going out of pocket with his time in creating it. He has a great deal on his plate and contribution from those who would benefit from it isn’t too much to ask. He has been working hard on this.

That’s exactly one of the things that crowdfunding Project Wrectified itself would do (as opposed to just calling the campaign BPR’s new PC), pay for the hardware required to work on and ultimately complete the project.

I’m an artist that works with BluePrintRandom on project Wrecktified. Almost everyday I see BPR on these forums helping others without wanting anything in return. He loves blender and he wants to make it better, and if anyone here deserves a little bit of charity, then it’s gotta be him and his family. Shouldn’t good deeds be rewarded? Some people throw a thousand dollars at a waitress as a tip for good service. BPR works hard and I think he has the drive and the focus to complete something great.

Ace Dragon - We are not yet ready and do not have everything we need in place to even start a successful crowd funding campaign. He needs a computer to work and we need him to have a computer so that the project can succeed.

This is what I took issue with.

There’s a fair few hundred hours of investment on the side of many people in project. Sorry if I’m late to the party, but I do glance at it every now and then. I think this is one of the few projects that will succeed, and with flying colours.

Ok so,

I am asking for a little help,
I am going to try and get a medium quality PC that is durable.

I am feeking out a little…

I can’t make Lil tech demos for people, or blend…

So epically bored… Made blow dart gun capable of piercing 3 layers of cardboard from 20 ft…

Sorry if I missed it, but what kind of parts(hardware) are you currently sitting on?

I have a Dell I7 motherboard with a fried gpu, and toasted power supply
As far as I know the CPU is still.good.

Dell studio 1558

I have a ancient case PC, that is agp/pci with a 900 mhz but it has a random power fault on the CPU socket,
I can gut the case and put in a modern power supply and motherboard, I just can’t afford it. I was thinking if I can get a Gpu with a hdmi port I will not need a monitor.

I have a Lg lucid smartphone, that I am typing on

Just off on a side interest . . … on e-bay what is the cheapest PC/Laptop that can get you rocking ?