IE 11 and pastall ?

not certain where to ask this but here it is !

got windows E11 now and have a problem when I go to pastall to get a file I don’t see the download button

something needs to be be changed on set up for E11

can someone point out what has to be done so I can correct it and be able to doawnload files from pasteall !

thanks
and a happy new year to all

It’s simple Ricky. Download Firefox, or Chrome and never use IE again for any reason at any time.

Chrome:

Firefox:

I know that some peoples don’t like win but I do
so please can we stick to the problem I ask
and I ask about IE11 not other navigator !

by the way I did download chrome
and right now major problems with so many adds windows coming up it is almost impossible to work with!

thanks

The “only” major problem with IE is that it is never ever up to date with the conventions. So with a web site that will work 100% on Chrome, Firefox/Waterfox, Safari and even Opera, you’ll have problems with IE and will have to code a special page for this web browser. (assuming that the “you” is a web developer of course)

IE11 finally supports HTML5/xHTML and CSS3, but barely and if it is faster than before, he is way buggier than all the other browsers up here.

Having done a little web dev, I can tell you the loss of time debugging your pages with Firefox then IE 8 to 11 (because some are still with Win XP and cannot update to the most recent IE) to see if the page shows as expected. It not for nothing that some sites even encourages you to download an other browser for a better browsing on their sites: because IE sucks. That’s it.

So for your case, it is an IE bug if the download button does not appear.

And I don’t know what you’re talking about for the Chrome’s ads. Either you’re full of adwares, or you did go to a page full of ads and popups, but Chrome certainly does not show advertising popups for their own purposes.

just trying to go to pastall site and download a file and I think it was working on first day but after that some changes happen due to some addons added without my approval !
I finaly was able to get rid of these addons but cannot remove the addon in the addons manager
which seems to be a problem right now in IE11

HTLM5 on blendernation seems to work fine
don’t know if the 3D ones are going to work well yet

I tried the IE11 compatibility mode and that did not seem to work!

but there might be some other settings somewhere !

note: I just retried again google and now that I have remove many of the bad addons it seems to work better!

but should still be possible to work with win EI11

thanks

But you don’t want to use Paint for texturing, you use GIMP/Photoshop/Paint.NET/Whatever else. But you could perfectly use Paint, it does the job :wink:

Hopefully you see what I’m saying.

And IE 11’s “compatibility mode” is for page that were working with the old IEs but not the 11. So it doesn’t fix anything, most of the time …

someone must have seen this problem before !
and found a solution

thanks

If IE can’t handle the website, it just can’t handle the website. There’s nothing anyone can do to make IE become compatible with something. People have offered you a solution, but you’ve rejected it.

i’m not rejecting anything
win 8 and IE 11 have been there for a while
so this must have been experienced by other peoples too

i’m trying to find solution at Microsoft forum but up to now did not really find a good solution yet

and i’m certain there is a simple solution to this problem but which one!

thanks

There’s nothing that prevents you from downloading Firefox or Chrome just because you’re on Windows (from XP onward), I have used Firefox on both Win XP 32 bit and Win7 64 bit and have no problems whatsoever. Most of the people I know either use Firefox or Chrome now and there’s an accelerating trend where IE is losing marketshare (perhaps in part because a lot of web designers hate the process of changing their code so IE can display it properly while every other browser sees it fine).

Installing another browser on Windows should be quick and painless, you just download the installer, run it, and follow the instructions. This by no means is the equivalent of abandoning Windows, so it’s not like we’re saying to use Linux or something of that sort.

Although I normally use Firefox, I did a little test for you with IE 11 and pastall.org: Zero problems downloading from pastall with IE 11 on Win 7 x64 and Win 8.1 x64. The download page looks exactly as when using Firefox.

So whatever it is, it’s no general incompatibility of pastall with IE 11 or vice versa. Must be something on your machine / setup, then.

Works for me too (Win7 IE11) with default settings. The download links work. Do you even see a download link (gif)?

There’s a clue I think if it worked before. I would start default fresh if an addon isn’t the issue.

To check your browser add-ons start IE11 in No Add-ons mode by running the Run command from the Start menu, and then typing iexplore.exe -extoff into the box. http://technet.microsoft.com/library/dn338138.aspx

How to reset Internet Explorer settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

-LP