Kalin Parushev's Sketchbook

Hello guys.

My name is Kalin, Blender is my hobby and passion.
Currently all my efforts are focused on a game project, witch hopefully will be inspired by a book that Im currently failing to finish.

No artistic background but will do my best.

All models are done in blender and are WIP. I apologize for the poor lighting…something yet to improve.

Few more.

This one…

Quickly realized that the lighting is not doing me any favors. So much work is left unseen and so much more needs to be done. I tried to improve the lighting, here are the results.

Added quicky material to reduce the specular.

Post Edit:

Hmmm…noticed on some of the models I forgot to work on the hands and fingers…hmm.

Those look very impressive!
Are they sculpted? If so, did you retopologize them yet? I am asking because I would very much like to see some wire screenshots of them.

All are sculpted using dynamic topology…some of the clothes are sculpted also for the wrinkles and such.
They are high poly…still have work to do on them…Im yet to retopo.

Some refining work on those backs. I feel like I should define the ‘barbarian’ looking dude a bit more but I love how bulky it turned out t be.

Edit post:
Im sure there are a lot of anatomical errors. Consider that those will be fantasy/fictional characters + Im reaching my knowledge/skill/GPU limit.
Would love to know if some of those mistakes might prove a problem when trying to rig and animate. From my experience a significant error in anatomy can make the model very ugly when you start to deform hands and such.

To add that back aswell.

Post edit:
Forgot to add the quick fix I made to one of the characters triceps. 1st image is after, second before.

Attachments

A doodle that turned into something interesting.

Some kind of insect enemy doodle.

Deleted those 2 earlier by mistake. Just reposting them.

I like all your model. Still i would like to suggest making the heads a little bigger. Seemingly you tend to make them just a little too small ( in my eyes ) … The model from the 2. Jan is your best yet … keep it Kalinaki :slight_smile: :wink:

Thank you for the support SumoLondo. It means a lot to me.

You are right, some of the models heads are a bit smaller, I have a lot of proportions cleaning up to do - not just the heads, I tend to make errors when it comes to hands and lower body.

In comic books and such I found out that the protagonist heads are made smaller and opposite for the antagonist. But in my case its a bit drastic still.

Did some work on the body. Although this will be the main character…and he will carry clothes, Im planning at some point for him to ‘show off’ his physique.
Modeling is slow lately. Trying to direct my focus on the book.

Completely forgot about few images that I worked quite hard. Probably some of the 1st complete models I did in blender. The demon used to be ‘facially’ rigged.
Not part of my current project(except the demon), but decided to share them anyways.

and…

Although I was having great progress with the book, I decided to take some time off and take part in the Blender Guru Comp.
The Comp. will serve as an exam for me, will try to implement pretty much all that I have learned thus far-as far as modeling goes that is.
Also this will hopefully be my 1st Cycles render(Ye! I know, long overdue.)
I am almost done with the modeling, very few assets need to be finished. And then…The NIGHTMARE…uh…I mean texturing begins.
Will reveal only the head for now.

The mouth was inspired by Davarb and his “Demon guy”.
I lovely and so intuitive method of creating the mouth(and not only). A lot of models will be revisited!

nice sketchbook, i’d only suggest lighting wise… trying to get some free HDR’s images… hook up the enviroment map… drop a sun light. or throw some planes around and make them emit some light… you need to darken that background so your characters can pop out better. other than that keep doing what your doing and good luck on your project :slight_smile:

Note taken. I also apologized about the poor lighting in the 1st post. The main thing is my PC is quite outdated and it takes forever to render even in BI. I am not looking for any excuses, I am realizing that more effort in learning quality lighting must be given. I just decided to put my focus one department at a time- be it modeling, texturing or whatever.
Buttttt…you make a valid point.

lol, i hear you… I got a 7 year old PC and i’m always waiting for 32 bit blender updates =/. it’s cool though, do what you can. here http://search.creativecommons.org/ you can safely search for some when you’re about to cross that bridge. good luck on the project dude. :slight_smile: