Challenge #550 (12/27/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #550 for December 27 2013 is: Childhood

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday December 30 2013.

The monster under the bed

Nice, esp for the purples!

My entry:

Rendered in Cycles, post-processing was done in Photoshop.

Full resolution: http://flitsart.deviantart.com/art/A-Child-Watching-TV-423038780

not a lot of entries this week, are there?

I’m trying, but I’m gonna have to discard my current effort and take another route. I can’t seem to sculpt a child’s head and face.

Non-competing entry

A happy new year, a greeting!

My entry called “Lost childhood imagination” … Colors and materials didn’t end up well, so I made it black-white :stuck_out_tongue: good way of solving those kind of problems.

This was my childhood(among millions of other kids)
pure entry I did everything except the gameboy and pokemon texture. Would’ve been better but I rushed to finish today because I’ll be busy tomorrow. That’s why I opted for the boulderbadge instead of a pokedex.

Wow, nice, I wish I had one of these :frowning: I played through emulator, but I guess not the same feel as the gameboy. I think you should add a little brightness in picture, maybe in compositor. Good job though, my favourite game :slight_smile:

Trust me a gameboy is no good. It’ll make you steal batteries from remotes just to get a fix. I thought so too about the brightness but I haven’t learned the compositor yet. And thanks for the compliment.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Simpler Days

RobertT

“Magic 8 Ball”

When I was a kid I had one of these magic 8 balls. I used to use it to make all my “big” decisions. I got into a lot of trouble.
Cycles, 100 samples.

Darn, Jaredcfw beat me to this :c
I too had my face burried in this through the 90’s friend :c
xD
Making the bolderbage and pokeballs was a good idea d:
And i kinda wish i went and texture all the words on my gameboy i modeled here >.o
I had thought about making 2 with a trading cord with images of RBY pokemon floating above them to show a battle between me and my brother. He had one epic Pidgeot.

But i just ended up making the tile floor i’d always lay on while i played d:
I was using my actual gameboy color as a refernce to make this too xD it’s the first thing i bought with my own money as a kid and i still have it (: although i bought Pokemon red, but it’d be hard to notice in the image with the Red gameboy so i went with Blue for the image.

Pure Entry (besides the pokemon Card, that was an image off google)

Attachments

I tried to create a more traditional image as the others here have done but failed to be able sculpt a child’s head. So I went another route. With the late start, and considerable amount of time troubleshoot a UV issue which turned out to be a reflection, doh, here is my unfinished entry.

In the future children who do not conform will be sent to the personality redirection center.

Attachments

Untitled

Haha thanks. Yours take is awesome too. I’m jealous of your pokemon card idea because I love charizard. Good job

I absolutely love how try tricycle came out, but like everyone else, I couldnt do a childs face. Nor do I know how to properly set up a face rig, so characters dont look so stoic. So, Im going with she’s concentrating. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]279590[/ATTACH]

Attachments

This time i tried to copy/replicate a image found searching for “childhood”, of course :wink: , so more technical than creative…
As others here i am a disaster with human, organic shapes and sculpting, anyway this time i tried to sculpt the jacket and it’s the first time i “improved” the shape of a cloth instead of ruining it. I also tried with the face but later i reverted to the base mesh :smiley:

Pure entry:

I think we are allowed to use MakeHuman in these competitions. I was able to use it once, I asked, and it was accepted as a pure entry. But maybe it is because the character was blurred behind the glass, so it was not visible that much.