Blender Levicar

and so, here it is :smiley:

But you can’t have a real one…

today!!

Attachments

Levitar.blend (470 KB)ZeroGLevitar.blend (473 KB)

And now new and improved (earthbound version)

Attachments

LevitarGFX.blend (646 KB)

Close enough to reality… Do you have a game planned for this flying machine? :eyebrowlift:

It’s just a side project, but If I can get someone to texture it, sure :smiley:

update:added better controls, and dynamics, and emergency brake.

Q-E - Throttle

A-D Steer Left -Right

W-S Pull up, nose down

Z - Emergency brake

I don’t get much time to code, and I have a main project that I need to finish :smiley:

But I will not shelve this easily as it was very fun to make,

Space - Micro jump

Attachments

LevitarGFXMap3dControls.blend (1.07 MB)

Update - physics needed some love (if you lifted off right it could fly like a jet)

so I added

if worldLinearVelocity.z>1:
worldLinearVelocity.z=worldLinearVelocity.z*.9

(so now it can’t take off vertically :D)

Attachments

LevitarGFXMap3dControls (PhysXFix1).blend (1.07 MB)

I would like to use a makehuman character to get in and out of that car.I have done that before would you like to see it.But it maybe too big to post.I am not sure.Could i use Geomtricity’s low poly character for that?If i can could you put it in the blend for me?

Did you mean my character or my rig? Here’s both. :smiley:

Attachments

MyCharacter.blend (1.07 MB)

lol, that is a fine coincidence, both 1.07 mb

Did you get a chance to test the latest build Geo?

it is even more betterer… :smiley: <- file is in his mouth

Ha, I didn’t even notice. Too many coincidence going around these day, must be going crazy.

I flew the craft around it a little. I’m not sure about those controls though, is it possible to have the mouse control the craft’s turning. I don’t play a lot of pc games so I don’t know if that would be awkward or not.

Edit: But overall it’s extremely awesome!

I can rig up mouse control, just need ForceLean ,

Most of my throw together stuff has parts of this and that in it, the lifter pontoons are aimed using the normal gravity code, and the camera is usingForceMoveTo and TorqueAlign from wrectified,

All that is missing is power and target passing and cube.py :smiley:

Once force lean is applied to pontoons.

Night night all, I am slightly liquefied from boozing up my Brainpan.

LevitarGFXMap3dControls.blend (1.81 MB)That is what i want Geometricty.I was thinking of making flying car for a game.I thought it would be a lot easier to model.This one looks great.This would be great with adding ground in the direction of travel.
I can’t deactivate the car with the state actuator.Could you modify it to do that?I found a way to switch off the engines with the state actuator.But when i append the character after i press p and then w the legs are not animated.That is okay i got it working.Here is what i have so far with a slight glitch.The animation keeps on disappearing for the legs and the empty spawns two character instead of one.So here’s the blend.Press x to get in car when your near it and z to get out.The glitch with two players added is fixed.The only thing that is wrong with it is the legs won’t move when the player is walking.Here is another blend with the engines going while your in the car.You need to Press c to turn off the engines.

LevitarGFXMap3dControls.blend (1.81 MB)

Attachments

LevitarGFXMap3dControls.blend (1.81 MB)

Ok, added mouse controls, (still need some fine tuning)
Added sprites for exhaust, (need textured)

:smiley:

3d solar, I will help have a door open and all that for you, after I get the actual flight working better,

Attachments

LevitarGFXMap3dControls (PhysXFix2 (1).blend (1.13 MB)

Ok - Done with this now I think - It flies amazing using my touchpad,

Can some one tell me about a mouse? (too sensitive?)

Attachments

Levitar2.blend (1.13 MB)

It works fine but with sharp turns i was able to flip it over.On post 13 the sprites for exhaust are not working for me.

The legs don’t move because you must have appended him from another blend file, then you saved the file you put him in and forgot to press the “F” button in the action editor, the one that "saves the data block even if it has no users. So you will need to append him again and press the “F” button on every single animation.

When i do that the mouse look script stops working.

Doesn’t do that for me so I don’t know what the problem is. Maybe you should start from the beginning again. Did you import the pivot object?

Yes i did import it.I put f on arms,f on arms.001,f on arms.002,f on backwards,f on forward,f on left,f on run and f on stance.

Does it work in this one? Should work.

Attachments

HeresYourBlendBack.blend (1.7 MB)