cannot enable yafaray addon

i am using blender 2.69. i downloaded the yafaray 0.1.5.zip and followed the instructions in the tutorial video. but when i try to enable the addon i get the following errors one after the other.

“The procedure entry point vsnprintf could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll”

after clicking ok again
“This application failed to start because libstdc++.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”

after clicking ok again,
“This application failed to start because libyafaraycore.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem”

could some one please help me? i posted this in the yafaray forums, but could not get any response.

I had the same problem when i tried it, it looks like the yafaray addon is completely broken for some people (probably everyone on win32bits).

Somewhere on the yafaray board i found a thread from someone involved with the devs or one of the devs , he was giving a download link to a modified version for testing, and this version actually worked for me on my 2.69 without any error message, unfortunately i can’t find the thread again.

But as i had downloaded it and still have it , i uploaded the yafaray folder i have in my addon list on that dropbox link so you can download it too

To install, just open the yafarayworking.rar archive you downloaded and take the folder named “yafaray” that is in it, put that “yafaray” folder into
…\blender-2.69\2.69\scripts\addons
so you obtain
…\blender-2.69\2.69\scripts\addons\yafaray\

Now launch Blender, go to File -> User Preferences -> Addon, at the “Render” category you should be able to enable without errors the “yafaray exporter” addon

(maybe get rid of your existing yafaray folder before installing the new one in case there are files that would mismatches)

thank you so much sanctuary, nice name ;). it worked like a charm. but it so happened that in my installation the addons folder is under Documents and Settings. so i copied your file there after deleting the older folder. but worked even then.

thanks once again! thank god for help forums.

dear sanctuary, another problem! whatever material or world or lights i put into the scene the result is just a black outline of the object. could you please help me out?

From what i remember , the light “power” of some of the lights (the “Point Light” especially) is a bit “underpowered” in Yafaray, so go to the Light panel and increase the power of your lights.

If that does not solve your problem, upload your scene, i’ll try to give a look into it if i can see what’s the problem, though i’m not a Yafaray expert.

Have you unchecked or unclicked Transp. background yet? Merry Christmas and Happy YafaRaying.

dear sanctuary, it solved my problem. thanks once again. theoldghost, i did both. merry christmas! (though a little late)

msvcr110.dll
libiconv.dll
libxml2.dll
yafaray core.dll

when i install yafaray i receive above files are missing…
I’m using blender 2.72b
Yafaray 0.1.5

could some one help me :frowning: ?

had the same issue.
install vcredist_x64.exe from Visual C++ Redistributable für Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.
the msvcr110.dll is included. the rest will be found.
win7_64, blender 2.74

cheers