Village Farm House (WIP)

hi,
I started working on new project (village farm)

here is the latest render image

screenshot of scene inside blender.

Here is the another update

Critique and Comments are welcome.

Here is the result after compositing, critique and comments are welcome.

Nice composition. Has a pleasant country feeling.

The things I think you should work on are: The thatch roof – the thatch should be combed toward the ground and not shooting off in all directions as it is now. This roof will absorb rain rather than shed rain, and will collapse. The brick texture of the house walls is too regular and flat. Also the bricks should not go down to the ground… there should be a foundation of some sort that the bricks are laid on. The tall tree on the right seems too straight, and goes too high with no branches.

@ Orinoco, thanks for your suggestion, the particle settings for thatch roof and brick texture changed. for tall tree branch i need to work.

here is the latest render

here is the (1920 x 1080) full resolution image

Critique and comments welcome.

Almost finished adding the objects to scene, any feedback?

Don’t forget the tree, needs more branches. Its also too reflective in my opinion. I don’t like the shingles on the top of the house for some reason. Also, the puddle might need rounder edges? And if its not very deep, maybe make it more reflective or transparent?

I’d get rid of the puddle, or else make the rest of the scene look wet. A puddle might form in a foot-path right after it rains, but it would soak into the ground after an hour or so. The puddle also implies the farmer leaves his expensive axe out in the rain… not very likely. I would also move the round rocks out of the center of the path, to the edges or just into the grassy area. Why? Kids walking along like to kick stones.

The thatch and the building walls look much better than before. good job.

Finally finished this scene, i like to keep the view in front of camera clear so not added any branch in the tree right, instead cut the tree. need to tweak some of the materials.

Any Final feedback?

That large tree is still awkward. It makes no sense to be cut so high off the ground. If you are going to cut it down, the stump would not be quite as high as one of your barrels. And, if there were a stump there close to the house, the axe would probably be in that stump rather than in the log on the other side of the path.

what is the story?

@ Orinoco, thanks for your feedback, now the tree corrected.

The scene looks good. i like the compositing. but you should work on the lightning. it’s too boring right now, no real contrast. and the current lightning also gives a cold feeling, should be warmer. :slight_smile:
but good work till now!

@ SirNik, @ 220696, the concept/story of this scene is around 3pm and little bit cloudy sky, the farmer (old man) comeback to work cut the wood after finished his lunch.

here is the final update