Duplicate and/or merge vertex groups

Hi all,
I just want to be able to merge a vertex group but cant find out how.
Duplicate: You have group1 -> [“Copy Vertex Group”] -> you have group1 & group2 with group1 == group2
Merge: You have group1 and group2 -> (magic) -> you have group3 with group 3 == group1 OR group2

The wiki didn’t list either.
Thanks

hmm… what you can do with Vertex groups is in edit mode they have a “select” button that selects all the affected or influenced vertices.

What you could do is open vertex group one, clear out your selection and press “select” in the menu to select your vertices. then switch over to vertex group 2 and vertex group 1 will still be selected. Then you can “select” vertex group 2 to add on the selection to the last.

with both selected you can assign them to one of those groups or create a new group to assign them too (:

now if you’re talking about vertex groups that have varying levels of influence applied to the vertices, then that may be more complicated and i’m not sure what to do there either x:
but if the vertices are applied 100% or 50% or something. Just have Blender select them for you so you can assign them wherever you wish (:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that is what i want, I need the weights.