Sword Art Online - Rectangular Pond City Center Base Needed

Hello Blender Artists community. I’m currently working on a VRMMORPG from the popular anime “Sword Art Online/SAO”. I’m overseeing the programming (quite a lot of work) and was wondering if anyone would mind taking 10-15 minutes to create a very simple low-poly scene from the image attached below. We can add all the details and texturing, but we’d appreciate it if you get it as close as you can to the image. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Huge SAO Fan here, um… I was very excited to see this here to be honest xD
I wouldn’t mind giving it a shot, but i just have a few questions.

1. Would Image planes work fine for the trees? cause i can tell you now that i’m terrible at making trees :frowning:
  2. That bridge in the middle towards the house, do you think those are small bridges? or elevated like sand bars? …or which would you like them to be?, i should say d:
  3. Can’t say i’ve made too many buildings, should the house on the lake have an inside? or is a stand in for the looks fine?

Glad to see a fellow fan!

1. Image planes would be perfectly fine. The models will be constantly updated until were happy with the quality (that’s why were starting out low poly.
  2. The long one on the left appears to be more like a bridge, while the first two are sandbars
  3. A stand in is perfect :slight_smile:

Let me know if you want to know anything else :slight_smile:

Alrighty (:

So to be quite honest i’ve never made a Model for someone before or have tried to keep things very low poly. So if something’s not right, feel free to ask someone more experienced. It wont hurt my feelings d:

Here’s the .Blend file:
LowPolySAOPond.blend (738 KB)

Alot of it is in separate objects and named to possibly keep it organized. Set the origin point of it all to 0 and what not. I seemed to be having odd trouble with images for the trees. The images i used before wern’t working quite right and are oddly half transparent when they use to be fully transparent with the full tree able to be seen.

It says at the top right of the blender UI that it’s 1,123 Faces (and i’m not sure what counts as ‘low poly’ so i just tried to keep everything pretty simple.

I hope it’s not “too far” off your expectations xD

OK I know this is off what your looking for but if you need any animation, rigging, or small meshes I can help you out. I love SOA and anyone willing to take the time to try recreate some thing like SOA I would love to help.

you will make AINCARD??? that in 1st floor?

Razc: Sorry it took so long getting back to you, I’ve been busy this holiday. The model is awesome, there’s just a couple things to tweak but I can do that if you don’t want to. The sandbar leading from the shore to the first island is a bit too thick and to high up, and the north entryway doesn’t have that horizontal flower bed, just the two vertical and the flower beds overall are a bit longer and skinnier. Other than that its perfect for this stage!

Kbo39: If you want to do a teleport gate that’d be great :slight_smile: Since it’s just an object and not a terrain, a High-Poly/Detailed model would be best.

And agiler147 : That’s the plan :slight_smile: Starting out with floor 1’s City of Beginnings

Thanks everyone for taking interest! Tomorrow I’ll make an ongoing project thread for whoever wants to keep up with the project :slight_smile:

Sure, i’ll try and do that by moving the vertices around a bit so as not to add more faces and verts. d:

If you’re wondering why this is taking so long… For some reason i can’t get get the forums to upload an attachment and i’ve been all over trying to figure out why ._.
i’ve had it ready for a while now but i just cant seem to get it to upload… :c

Go go go… i want to see AINCARD… Ganbatte for make 100 floor…:yes:

Awesome project. I just so happen to be a fellow SAO fan as well. If you ever need more modelers I’d love to help.