Blender wont show addon script in addon list!!!!!

Hey, just spent like two hours trying to get blender to show an addon script but no matter how many directories I add the scripts to blender wont show it in the list to allow me to then enable it. The addon is a folder with multiple scripts and I have it placed in the “program files/blender foundation/blender/2.69/scrips/addon” as well as the "user/app data/roaming/blender/2.69/scrips/addons…etc . A little help would be great.
thanks,

Have you ensured that the addon includes a file called “init.py”?
Have you tried to install it via the “Install from File…”-button (under “User Preferences”) and selecting the init.py from the related folder?

Launch Blender, on Windows, with the -con parameter. This will cause the console to launch with Blender. Read and correct the error messages you find in that window.

Ok, so there is no “init” script in the folder , I dont believe it draws a GUI – its the daz3d mcjblendbot importer for blender.
Also the blender executable is selected from the daz side of the exporter and is automaticlly started so not sure how to get the -con parameter passed on that one. As far as i can tell the exporter starst blender and tries to call the import script but blender cant find it.
Any ideas?

run blender, install that addon, enable it, save preferences, retry with DAZ.

How would you install the addon when it is comprised of multiple .py scripts? Which script would you select to install if there is no “init” script? I already have the folder of scripts in the “addons” directory of blender.

How would I know? Check the files and see if they all contain a bl_info dict or if one does and imports others. But if it was a proper addon, there would be an init.py and all files would reside in a folder in the the addons dir.

I checked all the scrips for bl_info but none contain them so no gui I guess as well registering. Just have to chalk this one up as another non working exporters since I’ve tried everything from the daz export side and put the blender import scrips in the correct dirrectories and still nada.

it means it’s not an addon, but it can still have an UI. You possibly need to run these files in the text editor to make something available.

Is there a reason why addons_external was excluded from blender addons path ?
I was using that directory to test new addons without copying them in the default path.

I had the same problem and there is no documentation on it: install the zip file instead of the dezipped one.
It worked for some addons. Others had an error message UFT-8 encoding missing that I can not solve…