The "Windows" Project

Hey guys, I hope you are all doing well this fine day. This is my first post as a registered user but I’ve been a devout fan of this site for a while and am glad I joined.

The purpose of this post is to propose a very interesting concept I was thinking of.
THE WINDOWS PROJECT!
Imagine if one hundred blender users were all given the same 10x10x10 unit space to work on. Adding characters, changing lighting and materials etc…
This space would include a window and a common exterior texture (brick I’m thinking…), but there’s no need to pore over details at this time…

Now suppose after all one hundred users uploaded their projects, we could merge all of them into something absolutely tremendous. A skyscraper - sized render with ridiculous detail. All 100 rooms side by side, almost as if it were a life study.

Let’s get a discussion going. This is something I would be stoked to work on, let me know if you all have any interest!

Best,
Dan

Sounds like The Cloud™:
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/bragclips02_610x343_199883794.png

Reminds me of Blender verse:

Here’s a quick preview of something related I’m working on:

I think that somewhere between second life and blender and gimp is “Utopia”

Where you can learn, teach, design, and animate, simulate, and stimulate your mental state,
A serious code ninja is needed to draw code from all projects and create a hybrid.

I understand that they all use differing lib’s so some sort of “translation” to a common language would be necessary.

Hey Mahalin, what I’m picturing is KIND of like what you posted but of course it would be a seamless building rendered out of many many individual units. The important thing to note is that the exterior of the building would be visible with windows, so it would be way more realistic. Depending on the quality of the work submitted it could end up being SUPER DOPE.

Your video was really cool, I don’t have sound so couldnt hear what you were saying but it looks awesome anyway!

Hey Blueprint, I think you may be on to something… but I don’t see how this relates to my idea at all. Not a fan?

I like your idea, however, I like the idea of Islands, and interactivity bettween artists,

So a “skyscraper” would be neat to explore, however the ability to tamper/alter/change things would be cool,
in real time,

So “room 127 is bob and sally working together” Jim stops by, bob and sally give him permission to alter their items,
Jim adds a laser cannon coffee pot.

Your island analogy doesn’t quite translate… Wouldnt that mean everyone’s work is isolated? Duh. !

It’s pretty simple what BluePrint is proposing…he is just proposing. You did say, “Let’s get a discussion going.”, but then kinda cut him off rather rude as if he were stupid by saying his idea doesn’t translate, and even with a final “Duh.!”. Seems kinda stand-offish for a “discussion”. I can appreciate the artistic aesthetic of what you have in mind homiegmomma, kind of a compilation of people’s individual creativity, all rolled into one for the spectator to muse at within their own interpretation, and its a noble goal/idea. I also like the idea that BluePrint is proposing too, and it would be less cumbersome on whatever hardware was running the finished idea in a sense, considering the possibility of including schemes such LOD, as individual areas of artist’s creations could be drawn up as the user nears that locale. I think it’s a worthwhile notion to consider along with your original proposal. You agree?