Sverchok modelling help

Hi there,

Ive just began using the sverchok modeller to attempt to make a proportional loft over a models edges with a square section profile.
so far this is what I have:

nodesetup:

what I want to happen is for the cubes xy scale (thickness) to be proportional to the line/20 or the line times 0.05 and the lenth (z axis) to be exactly proportional to the line

does anyone with a bit more experience have any ideas?? im totally stuck!

ninehunred

Attachments

You might look into drivers. Not really sure if that will do it or not though, if that is one object.

hey, been looking into drivers and im not sure if thats what i want. ive put this project on a backburner as i realise that these ‘trees’ cant even exsist until i manage to define their z location in relation to another object (the ground theyre supposed to be on!)

It can exist anywhere, it’s all relative.
Put a vertex at random coordinates, choose randomly declined from Z vector and random length for an edge. Repeat as many times as you need. Drop in some branching from time to time and use same algo, just add some to initial vector angle.
Set Origin at the first vertex, move object to where it needs to be.

omg. i just found this thread.

did you needed trapetsia? i mean shape of cube need be changed?or it is about overall scale?

https://yadi.sk/d/VUQ_Djicc2FAPtry this out

Hey nikitron,

I’m afraid your link doesnt work anymore so I cant acesss it. Thanks for getting back to me though. What I was going for would be that the taper of the tube depends on the lenth or is proportional to the length. if you imagine a cantilevered beam it would need to be thinner the shorter that cantelever was. if i had a very long cantilever though the beam would need to be very thick at one end and slightly thicker at the cantilevered end.

The project in which I was using this has ended but id still be interested to see if theres a solution. Like i was saying before it might be possible to make some sort of tree using this script no?

I have another question but ill be posting that on the sverchok forum since its very complex and might need the eyes of a few different people!

Hi! Nkitron’s link is still up and working - https://yadi.sk/d/VUQ_Djicc2FAP
This was more like spelling error :wink: but anyhow, this likely is not what you want.

If i get it right - you have red skeleton given and want it skinned using some square plane at basis with sides a/20 where a = length of the normal vector of it which tapers to the next segment’s basis and so on (drawing on the right).
I haven’t followed Sverchok for some time and could not pull something like this out of it either. They have grown this thing seriously. Guess, have some ketchup to do…

this quest can be solved with vertex normal, scripted node finding neighbours vectors and calc length netween neighbours, middle arithmetical number will give coeffitient to move vector on normal, than join and connect meshes. + outer border have to be solved with scripted node that finds non-manifold vertices (bmesh job). that is easy, but have to spend time

abyway we need node to find neighbours vertices to ease calculations next time… to todo list