Challenge #547 (12/05/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #547 for December 05 2013 is: Strength

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday December 09 2013.

- I didn’t know blender heads even knew that word. :o Well, I guess you learn something new everyday, like maybe GET OFF THAT STINKING PC AND GET YOUR BUTT MOVING! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU’VE BEEN STARVING YOURSELF! AHH! sorry

Well, you don’t know me. :wink:

pure entry

true strength is used to defend the weak.

all done in blenderhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F917ZOD-ZlY

Someone should do the Greek God Atlas. That would be sweet.

My first thought when it came to something strong. Rendered in Cycles, a bit of post in Photoshop.

I love that image Masab.mia! o:

I always have trouble making a person each week for these contests but i love how your almost looks like some sort of clay warrior d:

you don’t have to make a new one each time, but if it’s the main focus of your render, a pre-made will disqualify you from the ‘pure’ catagory.

Pure Entry, all blender internal.
The fire in the background are images as i always have trouble with Smoke and fire in Blender…

I decided i wanted to go with Emotional strength with one of my favorite quotes. “Heroes do not cry because they are weak, but rather they have been strong for too long.”

I was listening to the song “Not gonna die” by Skillet while making this if you want a Audio feel for it.

Suzanne is working out
(pure entry)

it was a pure learning by doing for the last two days :wink:

My entry, pure:

Then as the other week, i tried to learn something more about animations, bones…Characters are “similar” to http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/14445 , in fact i tried to replicate the edge flow of those.
Keyframing done in less than one hour…If you are experienced with animations better don’t press the button below :smiley:

As masab.mia pointed out true strength is shown when protecting those who can not protect themselves. And when those who protect fall , those left behind must find the strength to carry on.

In memory of Oregon City Police Officer Robert Libke, killed in the line of duty, November 5, 2013.

Pure entry, all textures made in paint.net except the wedding photo and the clock face.

Strength of Memory

Attachments

(The Beginning of Strength)
Pure, BI post CC in Photoshop

My wife made a comment that the previous heart did not look like a heart, so here is the revised version.

Hey everyone, here’s my entry. I had the idea at the last minute. Well, Diamond is a pretty strong material…so, yeah. This was my first time using LuxRender for a project. And also, I used the Extra Objects add-on in blender to make the diamonds. I’m not sure if that’s allowed or not…so, I don’t know if this is a pure or an open entry. Anyway, here it is.

Good Luck everyone! :smiley:

nice animation mik1190 :smiley:

Here is my non-competing entry:

Faith Moves Mountains

Image inspired by Matthew 17:20.

RobertT

RobertT, I love your picture!!! When I first saw it I thought about Daniel 2 :wink:

Hi RobertT,
Your picture looks realy great. Is that done in Blender? How did you do that? I like it!

Nice render, Robert.