MassATTack

Update Mass ATTack january 2015

Genre: Sci-Fi
year 2114

Story
Mankind has colonized our solar system.
The hunger of energy is insatiably.
The monopoly X has taken the power of the system.
There are only a view planets/moons left, where they resist the greed of the monopoly.

You are playing a soldier of the resistance.
Your mission is to infiltrate the base of a planet/moon,maybe the moon of the earth,Titan or Europa,one of the moons of Jupiter.

Watch

Improvements:

1 Full level with a mission.
2 Tower defense and robot attacks.
3 Terrain about 1.5 km²

windows exe

MassAttack0.3.rar

Leave a comment…

Textures i have used others than my own.
http://freebitmaps.blogspot.com/

4 fps :D.
Ubuntu 13.10 32bit, Core i3, AMD HD5450

Certainly looks interesting :slight_smile: Turn down the motion blur and reduce the poly count on the objects, though…

EDIT: The poly count is actually pretty good… The shadow sampling is too high :stuck_out_tongue:
I get no lower than 60fps
Specs:
AMD FX-6100 @ 4.0GHz
8GB DDR3 1600
AMD Radeon 5970 @ 850 - 1200, 850 - 1200

But it’s a pretty powerful system…

I get about 30-40 fps.
Win7 64bit, Intel Core i7 2.3GHz, Geforce GT 650M 2GB, 8GB RAM.

i got 4-5 fps default also…but by default the shadow-buffer on the sun lamp is 4992 :D…bringing this setting alone down to 1024 gives me 50+fps…and im silky smooth at 512

thanx for your response

x@pgi :confused: :smiley: that s low man. U can change the sun settings like superflip says in the main scene called “spiel” and u can try to reduce the AA sampling from 16 to 2 for example.What s now your framerate?

x@MrPutuLips jea, but the motion blur has so nice effects sometimes.I played around with this setting, but u r right. i will reduce it, cause if u turn the camera it s pretty blurry. And Yes it s very powerful.

xsuperflip yes u r right. what is your system?ALso reduce the AA sampling from 16 to 2. What is then your framerate?

Turns out it’s the size of the shadow buffer that eats most of the framerate.
AA 16x to 0x adds like 1fps
Buffer size - fps:
2048 -> 17fps
1024 -> 26fps
512 -> 29fps
256 -> 31fps

With no shadows it’s around 35fps.

Yes u r right, but the quality of the shadows goes down with 2048,1024,etc…
the shadows getting to look uglier turning down this setting.

Update 08.01.2014

Take a look at the first post.

Tested, it works here (same ubuntu as before)

x pgi I guess u tested the 2.69 Version.
What u think about the gameplay/difficulty?

I don’t really like third person shooters that much so I might not be the best judge of gameplay here.
On the technical side, I have some difficulties aiming because the keyboard doesn’t let me point at a direction very precisely, using the mouse would probably give a better feeling.
And you should really do something for the fps, I don’t know what, but I can play crysis at 20 fps under wine, something in your scene is doing too much for what it conveys to the eye.
But it’s definitely a game, nice job.

Use post 5-7 to improve the framerate.

Here is an update to my game:

to work properly you have to play it with Blender2.73, because of the mouselook script, which is integrated in that version.

However you can also play it with versions below 2.73, but you cannot use the mouselook, but it also works with only the keyboard.

Sometimes a walkcycle of an enemytype is broken, I don`t know why. I packed all into this blend, make all path absolute.

Have fun.

Please tell me what you think.:ba:

PS: It should work on not so strong computers as well, but it gets more laggy the longer you play it, cause the enemy number will raise…:spin:

How to play:

Press P to start

walk W,S
rotate A,D or use mouselook
slide Q,E
jump Space
fire Lmouse
turbo Lshift

Goal: Find and collect all energy packs(red balls)to activate the generator(touch it).

Look for the energy packs in the canyons.