Undo dont work many times. And Redo Shift+Str+Z are bad key combinations.

1. Somehow sometimes undo doesnt work.
  2. Redo with 3 keys in combination … always bad in workflow because you have to use 2 hands instead of 1 hand.
    For example: Strg+Z undo undo undo ohhh too far strg+shift (right hand from mouse) + z.
    So why not Strg+Y ? Like in many other applications. Ok i know this from Adobe too, but this is bother me too.

I have figured it out.

Alt+Shift toggles between undo works and undo not working.

I hope next release this combination will be removed for whatever it is. Its a combination that is often pressed.

1. Redo with 3 keys in combination … always bad in workflow because you have to use 2 hands instead of 1 hand. For example: Strg+Z undo undo undo ohhh too far strg+shift (right hand from mouse) + z. So why not Strg+Y ? Like in many other applications. Ok i know this from Adobe too, but this is bother me too.

Default undo shortcuts good for QWERTY keyboards but not so good for QWERTZ. You can right-click the menu items (Undo, Redo, Undo history) and change the shortcuts to use Y’s instead of Z’s. Or do it in User Preferences > Input (use the search box for undo and redo). Either way you’ll have to Save User Settings via the button in the User Prefs window or you’ll lose the changes you made when you close Blender.

1. Somehow sometimes undo doesnt work. … Alt+Shift toggles between undo works and undo not working.

Now that is strange. Alt+Shift alone you say? I didn’t think an off/on toggle shortcut for User Pref > Editing > Global Undo is even possible. Maybe something else is causing this issue?

-Larry

I dont know what i press that the undo function not working anymore. But i know that User Pref > Editing > Global Undo is enabled and only alt+shift can solve the problem.

I’m using alt + shift to change keyboard language, so the y and z get switched, but I can’t recreate turning off the global undo with that shortkey and it isn’t set in user_preferences->input neither. Wish that could be disabled…