Free 3d model collections by manufacturers - of real life objects

There are posts listing websites with 3D collections. Some have more models than others but overall, but they are broad and random (which may be good or bad, depending what you are looking for)
These are not the interest of this thread

In contrast there are real world, thematic collections by the industry, offering products to the market.
That in many cases is very useful, especially if your goal is to visualize a whole scene or project, communicate that to a client and have objects represented, that he/she may actually find, for real (such is my case as an architect)

I have discovered several cases where manufacturers (in my case of interests, furniture) offer 3D models of their products. I will post in this thread those I know and encourage all others interests to fill in this list with their findings.
Some require registration, others not.

• Johanson , Scandinavian design furniture *** the link is to their CAD download section (3ds) and you can get images on brochures under “PRODUCTS” / no registration required
  • Molteni.it , Modern furniture by famous designers *** link to home page, they require registration to send DVD of 3d models
1 Like
  • Fritz Hansen Rebublic - exclusive home furniture and accessories. Very visitor friendly: all available in 3D, no registration required
  • Carl Hansen - Danish furniture, no registration
1 Like
  • Knoll - This firm is HUGE: from the greatest modern movement giants to contemporary designers / home or professional space, they have it. 3d AutoCAD dwg / REVIT / SKETCHUP file formats. No registration
1 Like

Thank you csimeon. What is your workflow for importing the “3D symbols” from knoll into blender?

I hadn’t converted any 3d drawing files yet, to dxf (or other) to import to Blender.

I tested with the Saarinen tulip chair, from Knoll. I use DraftSight as a CAD program, saved as a dxf and imported.
Despite the drawing having two layers though, one for the cushion the other for the body, both show up as one blender object and one mesh (there are also two empty objects…)

Quick tests, I’ll try other settings than the default. Suggestions are welcome.

Re-opened at OP request.

Thank you for re-opening Fweeb :slight_smile:

Ok I’ve been busy with Blender again and can add one more furniture manufacturer that shares his products with professionals:
Minotti shares their vast, beautiful collection. Registration via email is required. Then you can download.
Available formats : .dwg , .3ds , .obj - very good geometry
Unfortunately either materials do not exist or are lost during import to Blender.

Furniture by B&B Italia.
Their products offered in various 3D formats and the materials.

I see this Thread has earned me a badge for being visited a lot.
Why don’t others add to this list? It will help to gather links to manufacturers’ assets!
Please add, then I’ll make a spreadsheet table for easy access!

Hello, Sorry for being a little bit of a gravedigger, but it seems that this could develop into a valuable list and I would like to add some stuff:

HAY
to the list, they have some very nice chairs, format is 3ds.
and
https://bene.com/de/bene/bene-online-services/cad/
standard office stuff, chairs tables trolleys etc.

Does anyone have experience with companies that don’t provide 3dmodels? Did someone try to make requests how open are companies to that?

1 Like

Yes several companies offer their 3D models to subscribed professionals, Minotti for one but I’ve come across more, will post when it happens again.

1 Like