ngPlant 0.9.11 released!

Hi!

I’ve just released ngPlant 0.9.11.

Here is list of changes since 0.9.10:

• added “Start RevAngle” parameter to branching algorithm
  • added “Origin offset X” and “Origin offset Y” parameters to “Quad” stem model
  • added “Apply scaling” parameter to “Wings” stem model
  • added support for “dummy” branches
  • added “export/import” support to spline edit dialog
  • added Min. Offset <= Max. Offset constraint in “Branching” parameters panel (Cory Cohen)
  • added confirmation dialog to “New”, “Open” and “Quid” commands (Cory Cohen)
  • added optional command line argument to ngplant - .ngp file name to be opened (Cory Cohen)
  • improved automatic branch group name generation
  • added generation of default .obj/.mtl/.dae file name(s) to OBJ and COLLADA export plugins
  • fixed 3d-view refresh problem on Ubuntu (Cory Cohen)
  • MacOS X 10.7 support restored
  • P3DStemModelQuad::FillCloneVAttrBuffer(I) fix (always use scale factor 1.0 for clone data)
  • fixed (possible) crash on MacOS X 10.8 during texture loading
  • fixed handling of textures and branch group names with spaces in .ngp file format

Download location: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ngplant/files/ngplant/0.9.11/

Feel free to provide your feedback here or via email.

Best regards,
Serge.

Wow, thanks! Always nice to see an update of ngPlant. I’ll play around the the new version later today.

Thanks for the new update

Tryout with ngplant and render with blender cycles.

Thanks for the update! When doing trees usually i prefer this to the sapling addon as you have more variables and you can later edit…

There is one bug(i guess is that and not my incompetence :slight_smile: ), the only i have incoutered after building 10’s of trees: in the preferences i browse for texture folder, then append it; however if i select a texture in that folder pops out a error window: “Texture image file located outside texture search path(s).Please setup texture search path(s) in “Preferences” dialog.” Is not a big problem, as i fix the textures later in Blender, but it’s nice to see the leaves in ngPlant viewport :slight_smile: ; all this on windows 7 64bit.

Here i have three “little” feature wishes:
-when double clicking on the curve tabs it appears a bigger window. It’s nice if the tree is updating while editing the curve in the bigger window, you have better control on what you are doing.
-base branch splitting easy as in the sapling addon;
-the best thing is if it’s possible to do something like the skin modifier (directly in ngPlant or later in Blender, maybe exporting branches as curves, is possible?), where intersection between primary and secondary branches are not visible.

For the texture problem , open nplant -file-preferences and add your locations for the texture library , close ngplant and reopen , normaly now your texture works with ngplant viewport

Strange that i didnt think about it before…yes it’s working, thank you for the tip

Some fantasyflowers made with ngplant and render with blender

very nice fantasy flowers,makes me wonder about their fragrance!how was this lit (sun + hdr?)

Light setup only with sun

This is really great! I use this tool a lot.

Some my ideas about improvements: https://sourceforge.net/p/ngplant/discussion/639176/thread/1ceb4774/