Caminandes 2 is out!!

Awesomeness from the team

I was happy to catch this today!

fantastic film, better than the first.

brought me back to the old warner bros days :slight_smile:

Pretty funny well done guys :slight_smile:

Tex Avery would be proud

I agree on this one! I am sure he is smiling now up there :slight_smile:

Well done, nice cartoony animation with solid poses!

I liked it! Simple yet funny. I always thought this animation that was done in SI 3.7 was a good blueprint for a any short cartoon:

And Caminandes hits the spot.

I loved it, thought it reminded me a lot of the old Wil E. Coyote days on Saturday morning cartoons :smiley:

Simply beautiful. I love all of the physical comedy. I also like how they carried through the inanimate-ish life of the road (cars) with the electricity of the fence. Superb all around.

+1

Really loved it.

Liked it. It reminded me very much of Scrat from Ice Age and his pursue for the nut.

Incredible!!! I love it! I love it!I love it!I love it!I love it!I love it!I love it!I love it!!! Amazing work!!!

absolutely great stuff :slight_smile:

First off, big ups to Pablo and team for finishing the short.

I was waiting for the premiere to show with excitement, and even called the animation supervisor at work over to watch it. Honestly I was disappointed, and the supervisor… well, not the good impression I hoped for.

That’s one of the problem I had with Caminandes ep.2 - the “story” had been done much better many times before. And maybe I’m a cold old man, but I didn’t laugh (internally or otherwise) a single time, which I did with the first short, and I LOL at Scrat & Wile E Coyote.

The animation was ok considering the production time, but the llama had no weight… It also looked like he couldn’t jump over the electric fence the first time (hitting it with his front legs), making no sense when we had seen his jumping ability just before. I watched the short 2 times, and both times I thought he mis-timed the jump. I had to step frame the animation to see he actually clears the wire with the front legs.

Not a fan of the style of using rim light on everything. Stuff looked cutout or badly comped unfortunately. The Cycles noise didn’t help…

Sorry to be the first downer in this thread, but despite my respect for the team - and they really deserves top grades for effort - I didn’t enjoy this (and the reason my response is this late after the premiere). In any case I’m still happy to have supported this and will do it again anytime. Just had too high expectations I guess.

quality! really well done. looks better than the first, too.

Animosity of things towards non-things…the auditors are coming (for Terry Pratchett fans). Great animation! Funniest moment when sun goes out (and then back up on lama landing)

Regarding the jumping ability, it seemed to me like the electric fence was slightly taller than the barbed wire one, the fact that he barely cleared the first fence meant it was enough to thwart the jumping idea (though he would’ve cleared it the second time had the fence not decided to produce an electric whip (literally).

All in all, it uses a lot of the same logic that is seen in a lot of animated shows, wacky physics, stuff that might not make sense, in this case it does pretty good.

You are totally entitled to your opinion, but I think you were expecting something a little different and that had a lot to do with your let-down.

They clearly are well aware of what they were doing with their lighting, and rather than chalking it up to a mistake that lead to making it look unrealistic, I think it was a stylistic choice and completely intentional. I think this is the pit-fall of most of your critique, I think you were looking at this as more of a dreamworks style of feature length 3d animation, rather than a Wile E. Coyote style of physical storytelling in a short. He goes from clunkily chomping down on grass clumps, to gracefully prancing (almost floating) towards his jackpot - not all that dissimilar to Monterey Jack and many other animated characters when chasing food. It lent itself to some good physical contrast between his efforts and the fences overly forceful power. Same thing goes for the jump. I had to watch it over again after your comments, and the second fence is definitely taller, even if just by a little. I think the intention was for the first shock to be a “hey, what’s going on here? Didn’t I jump over it”, leading to the second “What the hell? I definitely should have made it over”. I feel what you are seeing is intentional, but I could be wrong.

I think you were judging it so technically and forgot to just enjoy it. It was fun, looked nice, and was made very quickly. I would also encourage you to compare this one to the previous episode. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the first, there are massive improvements in this installment. Anyhow, if you didn’t enjoy it, that is totally up to you, but it is greeat for you to have helped back the project and continue to do so, so good on ya.

Complaining about the fence jumping is similar to pointing out how the sun is actually not connected to the electrical grid…

Those cartoons that make it seem like the whole Universe is against the protagonist are the best…
Very nice, I really like.
+1

Hi Everyone,

I thought it was quite lovely. Yes, similar premise to Scrat and the nut, which could have been mixed up a bit, but the story was simple and effective, and ramps the conflict nicely. As for the clearing the fence thing, it’s a non issue to me. Obviously the fence is the second character, and doesn’t want the llama to jump over, the second time it grabs him a whips him back. The height of the jump doesn’t matter, we know he can clear it, but the fence just won’t allow it.

The crits (purely technical) I would have however, are there a couple of parts with a load on noise in them, the back of the button on the fence for example, it would be nice to see them cleaned up. Also in the backgrounds, some of the blues seem too dark to me, makes it stand out as a matte painting. Finally the cycles fur. For some reason parts of it look good well defined, but other part just look fuzzy, and blurry, but that could just be youtube compression at work?.

Eitherway, still very enjoyable, charming animation. Well done to everyone involved.