Safetyman's Projects (may contain polygonal nudity)

Thought I’d join the party finally. These are just various personal projects that I start and never seem to finish.

Dr. Graves. He’s probably done for now.

This is a character I did after watching David Ward’s Tim Burton tutorials. Probably the most helpful tutorial series I’ve seen.

A couple of female characters I’ve worked on. I tend to stick to female models for the most part. They’re all squishy and stuff. :slight_smile:

Female base mesh starting point.

I also like doing bladed weapons. Here’s a sword based loosely on Glamdring from LotR.

Female robot I finished a few months ago…

A couple more female based things…

1 Like

This is my latest project. She Devil. I really like the texture painting feature of Blender. Really cool. Yes, I know her hips are big.

Close up of her head area. Haven’t decided on what type of hair to use yet. I’ve got some particle hair going, but I’m not ready to show it at the moment.

I’ve been working on this gal some more…

Still putting off the hair. I’m terrible at hair. Maybe I’ll just give her a helmet or something.

wuoh … big tatas :smiley:
… really nice development throughout the thread Safetyman, keep it up :slight_smile:

Haven’t posted in a while… been busy at my real job. Here’s a Tron lightcycle that I’ve been tinkering with. Got the basic concept from a picture from Vray rendering benchmark image that I liked.

Nice work…I dig your style and models.

I too did the David ward tutorial…still working on it.

I did work out how to control the hair better…found some good tutorials that made it a snap.

Made a separate skull mesh cap

divided up that mesh with vertex groups, crown, temple etc.

each vertex group got a hair particle mod.

comb each area …very controllable

the texture and material you use make a big differene too…

I wish I could remember that material tutorial location. I have been doing mammoth downloading of info and tutorials

did this in blender render, still my rough, fine tweaks to come.

I’ll locate my resource if you can’t find a good hair material tutorial on your own

My latest project… really liking this one, but not done rigging.

Very nice work. I like the stylized look. Maybe you should add some polygon eyelashes. And maybe lower the the upper eyelid until it is right above the pupil. That would make her seem less like “staring into the void”

Unfortunately, I’ve been really busy at my real job, so I haven’t been able to work on this character at all lately. I did start another one (which I still need to upload), but I need to find the time to finish some of these.