Of butterflies and astronauts

Hallo boys and girls,

First of all I want to say Hallo to the Blender Community.

This is my first Artwork done in Blender. This personal Project is a little bit old
but i thought it is time to share it with the Community.

Sculpting was done half in Zbrush and half in Blender because sometimes its a
pain in the a** to change your workflow^^.
All the Hardsurface-Parts were modeled completely in Blender.
Rendered in B.Cycles and Post in Photoshop.

Take a look at a higher Res. + Clay Render on my Blog:
http://www.ihatedesign.de/blog/?p=2808

great mood! I like it!
Just two suggestions: the butterfly wings have all nearly the same angle - it would look more dynamic when the angle changed randomly. Also they could use a little bit motion-blur (as well as the cracking glass tiles).

his pose is great.

I really like it.
Yeah I think that you should change the wing angle a bit but good work.
I think it would look great as an album cover or something like that. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the Lunesta commercials, with the green butterfly. :slight_smile:

I like it. I do agree with the wing angle, but overall…this is very cool.

Great work!

This is just awesome, cant find anything to criticize! Keep it up

Nicely done and creative, congrats.

very nice work :slight_smile:

One of the Aims for this Artwork was to create an iconographic Composition. To find a good, smooth and balanced rythm between the middle part and the elements surrounding it. This is the reason why i have relinquished to add extras like motionbluer or more dynamic things to the butterflies cause it should suggest a feeling of peace ( like in space^^).

About the wing angle, yeah you are right. It could have more varaition.

But I am very grateful for the criticisms. Thank you very much.

@tc2466: …now you know where they come from.^^

Wow, this is just, wow, congratulations!

Here is a little Head CloseUp.

Butterflies in space!!!

What an awesome piece of work! what a way to say hello:) Welcome to the forums, I can’t wait to see more of your work!

Surreal,intriguing wonderful!

Great piece of surreal CG art if I have ever seen one. Amazing job.

Incredible! Five stars! :smiley:

Welcome and wow! Very nice piece.
I think you were inspired by the book/movie called ‘the butterfly and the diving bell’. Its very similar to your idea. :) Cant say anything bad about it. I love the overall flow of the image.

wow, thank you very much for the 5 Stars!!! And also for the warm welcome.

@AlinB: No, i never heard of this Movie before but I have just watched the trailer and added it to my “must see” List.

I am not able to say where my Inspiration comes from but I felt in Love with Astronauts back in the days when i was working on an Concept for an Album Artwork (what become a Print in the end):

http://www.ihatedesign.de/blog/?p=2649

Oh… Wow!

BEAUTIFUL!

It’s rare to see such original concepts like this on here. You’re an inspiration.

Keep it up!

Wow great one buddy… just noticed the effect of the shattered glass, first thought it reflections in the glass :slight_smile: