Blender Guru Competition: Christmas 2013

Christmas is approaching… which means there’s another Blender Guru Christmas Competition :slight_smile:

The last two years have seen some amazing entries, and I’m sure this year will be no different.

The Rules: Create a Christmas themed image with Blender. The best artist wins prizes :slight_smile:

Read the full guidelines here: 2013 Blender Guru Christmas Competition

Prizes:
The winner will receive:

• $250 Cash
  • $250 for a charity of your choice
  • Any item from the Blender e-Shop
  • A permanent spot in the Winner’s Hall of Fame

Submit your entry by posting your image into this thread.
But please only post once! For critiques, please open a separate WIP thread.

The deadline is the 16th of December at 11:59PM GMT.

Any questions, please email [email protected]

May the best artist win!

Yay, another contest!
EDIT: Alright finished it, enjoy!

@yg3D: man… it`s not even Christmas… why you rush so much with the entry? You have one more month…
Imo you should review your entry and make it better. :slight_smile:

@Andrew: Great! Another BG competition. Thanks Andrew! :slight_smile: I`ll surely do better than this time. Good luck all and may the best entry win!

PS: WHERE IS THE PODCAST!? I`m waiting for it. :smiley:

Heres my entry

Attachments

I’m not trying to be Johnny Raincloud, but if you work harder and longer you might win! Because that snow man looks great!

• Caleb

Andrew, are we allowed to do post processing in Adobe After Effects as well as Photoshop? They are essentially the same when working with still frames, and I’m just a little more comfortable in AE than I am in PS.

Hello Andrew! I’m new here… and i wanna participate to this competition! But, i don’t understand right about this “entry” posting a image… the imagem I have to send to here will be the official imagem I will use in the competition or the imagem will be just a little preview to I can begin the competition? Thanks!

Hey guys, I’m fairly new to Blender and this is my first Contest but I am excited! So, here goes nothing!

Hey there guys, This is my first Contest and I still have ALOT to learn about Blender, But here goes nothing!

Merry Christmas!
http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/RippeR7420/ChirstmasContest2013FinalRender_zps7b02ca71.png

I think I understand your post…

Only post your finished image here before the deadline. If you want people to help you along the way and get some critique etc…open up a WIP thread :slight_smile:

Is it legal to have a movie or animation?

Thank you guy! I’m brazilian and I don’t have a english so good… Sorry! So it means I have to send a “entry” here if I wanna have a help? I understand correctly? Thank you! :slight_smile:

I don’t think so, it says in the instructions:
The Rules: Create a Christmas themed image with Blender”
in the sci-fi competition andrew mentioned both images and animations, but only images in this one so i’m guessing not.

If you want help, go here http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-Works-in-Progress and start a new thread. Then once you are finished, post your final image here :slight_smile:

Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in way.when his mother mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with the child from the Holy Spirit. Matthew 1:18

well here is my image.

In progress!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Thank you bro! You was helped me a lot! :smiley:

Here’s the true entry, to christmas contest, what do you think Andrew Price? Of 10 to 0 what number do you select to rate my entry?

Sorry this is a wrong message, don’t consider the image below

Attachments

Sorry this is a wrong message, don’t consider the image below

Attachments

Hello Andrew, here is my try

Attachments