let's go back to 60's

Well, it is the first character that I want to create a scene. This scene will be set in the 60’s, at a cafe. Norman Rockwell’s paintings were one of my references, but I gave up following his style. Imitate him is really very difficult.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]269886[/ATTACH]
p.s. I love the 60’s.

Attachments

Milk :D— about 4 hours making

His shoes are on the wrong feet. Just something that stood out right away. :slight_smile:

Nice job CC… ya gotta love the 60’s. You did a great job on the clothing. How hard would it be to have his jacket unzipped and just hanging? In the not too distant future I’m going to be in need of having a animated character in a suit coat. Not sure how challenging it is going to be.

Hello Harley, thanks for your comment.
In fact I spent a long time making the clothes, around two days.
I took advantage of the character’s topology to make the clothes, then I sculpt the model and generated a normal texture.
Good luck in your modeling and animation.:yes:

You’re right @Urf. I didn’t see it… I’ll correct this. Thank you :smiley:

and an old candy jar…

Hello!
This is looking cool so far, I’m waiting to see the finished result.
Only one little thing: your renders are a bit too dark. Try adjusting the world color, or adding some more lamps.
Godd luck!

Ok vKornel, I didn’t change my world color (it’s blender default). I’ll do it. Thank you :smiley:

last update

It’s all I got so far.

Hello! How can I make such a foam?

Hello RIPP

• Model the foam shape as you want;
  • Copy your model to another layer and make some subdivisions;
  • Create a sphere and delete its vertices below (you will have a half-sphere);
  • Set the foam -> parent to the sphere;
  • On the object tab, apply face duplication in the foam, and do control the scale of the spheres;
  • In foam, select some faces using random select;
  • Subdivide the selected faces again; repeat this process a few times.
  • Then apply your material.
    In my case, I used Arnold skin node for the milkshake. For the foam, I added other nodes (transparency and noise texture). Play around with these values​​.
    Good luck :smiley:

Trevis, you are great! Thank you. I hope this works for my sponge

There is a very simple and efficient way to make surfaces consistant (sure you know, but still). For insyance, take your glass and texture it with a very transparent photoshop “noise”

In fact someone else deserves the credit. I learned this a while ago, but I can not remember where or who made ​​this tutorial. Good luck!

Ok… thanks, I’ll try this.

To be real you need to be a bit filthy

Oh yes. You are right. I’ll try something like this. I have some other things to fouling, in this scene.
Thank you again.

The scene is coming along nicely CC. The diner is taking on a good look… now all you need is one of those roller skating waitresses :slight_smile: