Epiphone Dot Studio

So back in January I started using Blender and the first project I did was Joshua Maule’s tutorial on making an electric guitar over at CG Cookie. Recently I have been playing with BI a lot and decided to update my original model using what I have learned over the last 10 months to fix many of my n00b mistakes.

Anyway, here are the results of the rework and conversion to BI.

1 Like

Beautiful job Anthony!! :smiley:

Amazing job!! very impressive!!

Very nice Anthony… I’m curious about what inspired you to choose this model?

Vicky & Karma, thank you both.

Harley, this is my go to guitar when I take my son to Guitar Center. I love the look and feel not to mention the sound.
I think the tutorial is based on a Gibson 335 so when I did the update I knew exactly what it was going to be.

impressive! great wood texture!

Thanks P. :slight_smile:

When we were passing thru Nashville a couple years ago my son and I stopped in the Gibson’s factory they have. I think they make Dobros and mandelons there, but anyway, they also had this awesome showroom… it’s a guitar center on steriods. All thoughout this place they had guitars displayed that you could pick up and play… I must have tried out about 4 guitars that were over S10,000 ea. They had bunches with price tags in the 3-5,000. Just blew me away that they would just let wishful lookers like me even pick one up and play it.

If you ever get near Nashville, you gotta check it out Anthony.

That sound like it is worth the trip by itself. :slight_smile:
Been years since I have been up to the mountains anyway and my wife has never been.

nice except the strings all look the same size, also most don’t look as if their spiral bound.

Only the E,A and D strings are wound, yes there is a wound texture on them.
The G string measures .001 of an inch thick, the B and e are thinner yes but not drastically so.
As for them all looking the same size, part of that is the DoF’s doing.
E, A and D could have been a touch thicker maybe but I’ll just go with the old “string gauges are mixed for that special sound” excuse.

Nice, very nice. The finish on the pick-up’s is perfect, and you’ve even got the the very slight countersink on the screw holes. Excellent job.

Love the wood texture :slight_smile:

Sorry I did not see your comments sooner, thank you both for stopping by and for your kind words.

Fantastic job, Anthony. Great guitar too I might add :wink:

Very nice,fine details and textuing…

Thank you Mariachi, it is one of my favorites.

You are too kind Karlito, thank you very much.