Challenge #543 (11/09/13) Entries CLOSED

Theme #543 for November 08 2013 is: Game On!

Entry closes at 2100 GMT -5 or 8pm CST, Monday November 11 2013.

I had an idea for a great entry but after a couple hours realized it would take too long to finish so I changed gears and did a quick sculpt. Rendered in cycles and a little post processing in paint.net. I get a little confused on the rules so I’ll call this an open entry.

For the X-Box crowd,

Game Face

Attachments

I’m not sure if i grasp correctly this week theme.
My entry, pure: gaming rig on!

I personally have something more sober :smiley:

mik1190, I can’t speak for Sonny See, but typically the phrase “Game On!” is used as a response to a challenge or claim, such as

Person One “I can run faster than you!”
Person Two “No you can’t.”
Person One “Let’s race to the tree.”
Person Two “Game On!”

Can be used in a variety of situations, as in your image “I can build a better gaming rig than you.”, “no you can’t”, “Game On!”
or in mine “I can kill more aliens in this game”, “No you can’t”, “Game On!”

Actually I said all that to justify making a post so I can say nice picture. Great job on the materials. I aspire to get to that level some day.

Rendered in Cycles, post-processing done in Photoshop.
For full resolution, go to http://goo.gl/WDSe1Z

– Two Baseballs

Procedural, all modeled.

deleted original. Re-posted below with improved fish :slight_smile:

Oh that is great p33p, there’s the winner.

I only wish the fish had more toon, less bump.

Hello there lil’ fishy…

Made a new fish and tweaked the water a bit. More toon, less bump.

Here’s my entry. Modeled in Blender 2.69, rendered in cycles with 400 samples.
Hope you like it :smiley:

EDIT: pure entry.

Great entries this week all!
Pure: Cycles 1000 (End Game)

Very nice p33p, now it’s good to go. I wish I had more time to come up with a challenge image, I am now ashamed of my uninspired baseballs. :mad:

Ryeath: ok, thank you, now i understand better the theme. Materials are not that difficult, there are diffuse, glossy and some emitters, plus a couple of bump maps. Modeling could be much better :o.

Hi again guys, this is my entry, I have to say first that I used an old drawing as texture on the machine, If there a problem with that then I have no problem to get out of the challenge.

A greeting!

as usual i didn’t have time, but here’s a non competing entry which was my entry into a WC some years ago. it was made prior to raytraced reflections, so the reflection is made using environment mapping. good old scanline renderer. fast as lightning! ( edit ) oh, and the bevel on the chessboard is made by making massive subdivisions, and then hitting ‘smooth’ once or twice. no bevel or loop cut or knife function at the time. :slight_smile:

Not sure if this qualifies as pure or open. Mario I’ve had, but Sonic, skis, poles, and snowboard are all new.

Gee, I haven’t been able to enter one of these for a while. Here is my entry for this week, I hope I am not too late. 1 hour rendering for 200 samples.

A very open project. The character is from the flex rig from cgcookie, the chess set is by TrueCryer, and the glasses are from sagerfrog (all on blendswap) :stuck_out_tongue: too lazy to model much this week.

ctdabomb

Edited my post above^ I hope I am not too late.

Here is my non-competing entry:

Arcade

RobertT