Your mission
come up with a topic so amazing,
it hijacks this thread.

Go

Let’s see …

my favorite unicorn color is cyan

or

epistemology as a guide to ethical decisions in aesthetic contexts
naa … that could provoke challenging thought and get closed.

So yea, cyan unicorns bouncing all around! What’s your favorite color!

How about Epistemology as a basis for building a worldview?

Only a hippie philosophy student with no job prospects would worry about acquiring knowledge about knowledge.
Besides, a unicorn would kick him in the throat. Problem solved.

Epistemology rules out the unicorn.

Did you hear the lastest news on invisibility.They could really make an invisibility cloak that works in normal light.There is an article about it on physics.org.Did you hear about the new alloy that can convert heat directly into electricity.It is composed of these Ni45Co5Mn40Sn10.

This is some amazing! Can’t wait for someone to render an invisibility cloak. Maybe even a tutorial could be made for it! Forget tutorial - how abouts a book even! I’m running ahead of myself at the moment, but this is one way to get a one up on the other commercial 3d packages.

One time I rendered my cloak useless because I rolled a 1 to sneak,

So I farted incredibly loud while stepping over the dragons face…

Roll constitution check to see how terrible it smelled.

More likely a retired old phart who lost interest in philosophy generations ago after studying the predicate calculus and discovering that Wittgenstein’s final assessment of philosophy was probably correctand and that a certain Russian lady philosopher was full of bull poopy (about which more later). Surprisingly, it might also be an error toassume that such a person has not studied ethology and operant conditioning training and never trained or worked with a range of livestock that could put them in a position to avoid the kicking of the wily unicorn (should one show up).

And more Likely the world is more varied and more full of surprises than those laden withassumptions can appreciate.

As a thread stealing aside, did you know that the majority of lethal bull–human interactions occur when bulls are ages two and seven? Two is easy to understand, seven is something I’ve picked at for years without gaining a clue…Anyone?

If your studies in Ethology haven’t turned up a stage of life that occurs around seven years of age, you may want to revisit the Behavioral Biology of a wild cousin. It would stand to reason that it may be a time of full maturity resulting in dominant behaviors. If not there’s always an anomaly associated with Bohms’ Emergence Theory.

Don’t take life so seriously, you’ll never get out alive!

Either way, if one so learned - as has been posited - were to both encounter such mystical creatures and be in possession of the skills required to wrangle said livestock, the unicorn would surely kick them harder for having chosen to become a philosopher.

I love nonsensical conversations. It’s like being in a Monty Python sketch!
Now let’s smack each other with a cod and go for lunch.

Thank
you for the suggestion, but it is age two when bulls mature
hormonally and emotionally, which, as you suggest, explains the spike
at that age. To be honest, for age seven I do have a hypothesis: The
base of a fairly steep hill in one of our pastures ends about 150
feet from my front porch and for the last 23 three years I have
watched cattle rundown that hill. The breeds that have been run on
our land produce massive bulls which when young run down that hill
with a joy and an abandon that never ceases to delight, amuse, amaze
and entertain me. By four, however, they’re getting really huge and
slowing down. My neighbor who runs the cattle culls bulls between age
four and five because they are getting so large their weight tends to
do damage to the cows during mating. So I rarely actually see the
onset of OA in these dudes. But my suspicion is that statistically
speaking there may be a relatively sudden increase in arthritic pain
during the seventh year and that after working with a (relatively)
docile animal for a number of years a farmer/farm hand may become
both complacent and dependent on the behaviors of routine. What I
need do is to look for demographic studies of osteoarthritis

Not till you repay me for the dead parrot!

Then what is the approximate velocity of a coconut laden swallow?

African or European?

Have you ever sat with a friend in a crowded place and carried on a completely false, completely disturbing conversation just to freak other people out? Like at the mall restaurant area - talking about how your parole officer has no idea where you are right now?

I Don’t know that…

Flies into a ravine

Ok people - I don’t know what the hell anyone is talking about, but I do know this…

I LOVE CLOWNS!!!

That’s Right, EverYone pOst A picture OF yoUR FavorITE ClownS!!!

Here’s Mine:

Aren’t they beautiful!!:smiley: I love them because they are not human…

Ok that means we can put up pictures and stuff.

Attachments

I’m looking for an old post by a mod called “Kiss my ass and tell me the flavor” and I can’t find it. I was going to share it in this thread (it’s hilarious) for a laugh. I tried searching by title and by my own posts but it didn’t show up by title and I could only get more recent posts. Any ideas?