BI Beauty

Hey guys! :slight_smile:

A flower thingy I enjoy making, rendered in BI. :slight_smile:

Attachments

Man I see that carbon fiber texture everywhere now. It looks good though. Very nice render. I like it a lot.

Didn’t notice actually, made it in GIMP a while back. :slight_smile: http://vickym72.deviantart.com/art/Carbon-Fiber-348533680 Thank you very much, I’m glad you like it! :smiley:

Neat! I like the volumetric pinstriping look.

Needs more … oops wrong thread.

Another nice one. :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch Anthony! :smiley:

@eladiododo: Thank you! :slight_smile:

Nice colors :smiley:

Like how the shadows are broken by the floor’s texture. Nicely done :slight_smile:

@ahKai: Thank you very much! :smiley:

@Blackschmoll: Thank you!! :smiley:

Nice! as usual, your work is always very creative, refined and elegant.

Kudos!

paolo

Ooooh, what a beauty! :smiley:

@sourvinos: Much appreciated, and thank you! :smiley:

@Dave: Thank you, kind Sir! :slight_smile:

Nice and beautiful job!

OFFTOPIC
VickyM72 & BrentNewton, your avatars… :smiley:

Thanks very much for the compliment! :slight_smile:
Haha! Yes, I noticed, but mine has a slightly better haircut :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks again!

nice render! lots of detail. Regarding the carbon fiber texture: I work with carbon fiber all the time in the real world and I haven’t seen/found one material that looks good enough like the real McCoy yet… although this guy comes darn near close: http://dracu-teufel666.deviantart.com/art/Armoured-Ball-XXXVII-402716878 . Great job on this flower- lots of great detail

yes, that gimp texture is closer to a real carbon fiber appearance. I work with real carbon fiber all day long… while the flower is great and the floor texture is great, its not ‘carbon fiber’. I’ve yet to see a carbon fiber material that I’m happy to use. I use them in power point backgrounds (photos) but haven’t found one that I like enough as a blender material yet. If you’re going for carbon fiber, turn down the specularity. molded carbon fiber objects will be smooth on the surface, not bumpy, but the weave is visible in the subsurface underneath the transparent resin matrix holding it together!

Thanks Paul! And thanks everyone for the five stars! You guys rock! :RocknRoll:

I gave you a 4 for lack of cow bell.

I love your work, Vicky. I tried some abstract designs like some of the shapes you have on deviantart, and failed miserably… You get those colors perfect!

I’ll give you a hit, you need to learn some parametric modeling techniques (making use of tools like extrude individual and modes like the normal orientation mode with the individual centers transform mode).

There’s also the technique of creating just a slice of an object and spinning it into a complete shape using tools like spin (and it’s duplicates mode).

Then there’s just random usage of tools that you use to hash out some quasi-random, but interesting shapes, which you then base the picture around.

Hope it helps to start things. :slight_smile: