The Ghost

“What is a ghost? A tragedy condemned to repeat itself time and again? An instant of pain, perhaps. Something dead which still seems to be alive. An emotion suspended in time. Like a blurred photograph. Like an insect trapped in amber. A ghost is me.” (The Devil’s Backbone, Guillermo del Toro)

Made for Halloween Contest on Blendercookie. Won 1’st place, golden pumpkin and also community pumpkin(oO). Well, thank you so much! Should I say, that Blender community is great?

Modeled, textured, sculpted and composited in Blender. Rendered in Cycles, post-processed in Gimp.
825k polygons.

Additional info will appear here and in my blog at http://www.blender-game.com/

Attachments

Well deserved win my friend. Congratulations!

Wow. Really well done spelle. Your materials, texturing and lighting are awesome. I vote this to the gallery! 5* from me :wink:
Keep up the great work!

Gracias! will try to keep it going

This sounds so retarded for a person that has used blender for years now to say, but I struggle with making a pumpkin. It seems like such an easy thing to make, but I have a mental block whenever I try to model organic objects of almost any kind. Any tips? That is a wicked badass render by the way.

Try to study references and also some pumpkin model from Blendswap - look, how topology is going. Imho, the best way to overcome block is simply to DO things and don’t worry about result. By the way, try to sculpt the pumpkin :slight_smile: goog luck!

Wow, looks really great. I like especially the texturing and seeing how much it gained from postproduction.

I think this is really good!

well done 8)

Stunning piece! The best entry imo.
Amazing work man. :slight_smile:

Absolutely fantastic, I really love this one. Keep up the good work!

There were stylish entries - for example, Nosferatu. Like it!

Awesome work definitly Top gallery.

I was Very Impressed with that Awesome Design! :eek:

Posted quick tip about making twisted objects (like pumpkin “tail”) in my blog. Blender-game.com

This is very good. Awesome … fantastic atmosphere !
How many days it took you to do all this ? Do you work like 5, 8 hours a day or more ?
Congrats for the first place, well deserved :slight_smile:

Looks epic. Just like a ghost should. Gets my stars.

CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A TUTORIAL ON THIS?
or just a run through of what you did, i mean it’s great, too great that it should be made for a tutorial on how to make such a BAM(-ish) thing

Looking good, well done!

Damn, awesome work, can you post the render without the post-production?

You are too good buddy! :slight_smile: