Bevel options? Working with a book

Hello :slight_smile:
Iam currently working with a book called ‘Blender Master Class’. Its pretty neat but in one point I cant follow.
Iam supposed to create some kind of an old temple with used rocks.
First: the goal + another. It should be a fairly simple task, but I think I missed somthing. To achieve this kind of beveled edge, just add a Bevel modifier to any mesh (ie here a cube) and set the limitation to Angle and set it to 45°. (Here is the photo in the book of the authors settings) But if I set everything to his settings, nothing happens.
Every edge gets beveled and I wont get this nice result.
Do I miss something? Please tell me :slight_smile: And by the way: Buy this book if you want to dive into blender and have a little knowledge. This book is awesome. ah, yea. and all the pictures were taken from the book. Copyrights 'n stuff…
Greetings

I can’t figure out what the 45deg limitation on the bevel modifier or what the Edge Split is for. They don’t do anything that would apply to this case.

You want to bevel the corners only? Either:

1. Make a cube and then apply the bevel modifier with “Only Vertices” checked
  2. Go into edit mode and select all the corner vertices, then press Shift-Ctrl-B to bevel the corners only.

Thanks for your question! It appears the behaviour of the bevel modifier has changed slightly in newer versions of blender. I’ve made a blog post about this and another question about the book here.