BGE - Fighter Jet Combat

Hello all,

A simple prototype of a jet fighter game that I’ve been making the last few days.

I might develop this into something bigger if I have time.

Latest video:

Screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1860288/screen1.pnghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1860288/screen2.pnghttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1860288/screen3.png

Oldest video:

-Mokazon

It’s beautiful, certainly worth finishing. Let’s hope you find the time - sometimes life is a tyrant in that regard.

Quite a polished demo, it really shows the power of the BGE logic system when the Python API is mixed in.

The fading explosion graphics look real good as well, if only the BGE could get native support for particles (perhaps it could be you that works on that since you know the source)

I code weapons…

:smiley:

I know your a better coder then me, but I have been working on some things…

Ray------------and-------------Add 2 to “Lock”

if Lock > 10 --------and--------Fire = 1
if Fire missile key–/

if Fire=1-----------python - add missile and setproperty target
____________________-----Fire=0, Lock=0
always --------and------ Lock add -1
Ray-inverted-/
:smiley:

So “painting” a target for 5 frames = lock

But it’s adjustable

Thanks guys!

Here is a new video showing some basic AI and combat:

Mind.Blown.

Amazing! You should definitely make this into a game. Awesome for a show of BGE power!

Hi guys!

I’ve uploaded a new video and added a few screenshots to the main post.

Changelog:

• Guns shoot enemies
  • Smarter AI Movement
  • Enemies now attack
  • “Good guy” AI
  • Optimizations
  • Camera Depth adjusted
  • New HUD elements
  • Other small stuff

Video:

I’ll be very busy this weekend, so probably no updates for several days.

-Mokazon

Are your navmeshes volumetric? (can enemy Ai’s fly under bridges through tunnels etc?) :slight_smile:

Can you update navmesh/steering to use torque and force settings?

Amazing work !!

<----Checks 5 star

Incredible. The grafics are too good. But, ¿did you use any tipe of LOD for the terrain?

BluePrintRandom: There are no navmeshes and flying through tunnels wouldn’t work, but flying under a bridge would. There aren’t really tunnels in a flying game anyways.

LFDA Studio: Thanks, and there is no LOD on the terrain at the moment.

Pretty nice! Could you share the movement and camera system/setup you’re using? I’m making a flight fight game too but I have some trouble with the movement and the camera. Yours look pretty nice to me.

Amazing, I hope I can get those sort of visuals in my racing game!

Some crits:

Modern fighter jets use guns mounted in the fuselage, and not the wings
Movement is a bit jittery

But otherwise excellent! You a fan of Ace Combat?

You could post this on Steam’s GreenLight… Spectacular work.

Maybe gunpods like Frogfoot.

Impressive!!
The plane movements are a bit nervous ( just to say somenthing other than “awesome” ).
Bye

You should have it where if you turn and roll too much, your pilot opens a window and pukes :wink: Get a great particle effect going on

Actually, having the screen turn Red, or fade black is how it really is,

Negative g forces = red from blood in your head

Black - dizziness from lack of blood in head

Some pilots can “squeeze” there viens somehow and keep blood in/out when they want.

This is amazing!!!
Rocket and explosions!!
Love everything!! :smiley:

The video seems very professional-grade so far, it really does show that a person with a lot of knowledge can indeed make a stunning game in the BGE and act as an inspiration to those who are looking at the engine or is wishing to help develop it.

Great work on the progress, I can’t wait to see whether or not this game will also get destructable ground targets and missions.