Map generator from texture (first tests)

UPDATE

From last update I improved normal and specular map algorithm - moreover they are about 7 times faster which performs to more efficient work especially with large textures and live preview feature. UI is almost done.

Next in TODO list:

• better control of details for each map
  • generating seamless texture
  • speed improvements and bug fixing

I’m currently developing my own software for generating normal maps (and spec, disp, ao as well). Here is a first test:

What do you think about the results?

PS. How can I import textures from .blend file to speed up things for blender users?

Attachments

Map preview:

is it done as an addon or external soft ?

looking good

happy bl

external software, but I want to write addon that allows you to easily export textures from blend into the program (i am also blender user)

Why is it too rounded?

Would be nice to have this as built in filtering options for the Blender image editor, because this could be a huge potential time savings in this case (especially if this including synthesizing images into seamless textures).

currently, you can set the height and rounding in normal map settings

This one looks like a very handy program. Can’t wait to use it.:spin:

looks exciting! good luck.

Hello I was checking on your progress of your software for making maps? Hit me up on facebook or email. [email protected] facecook. Joe Lee Manns

Thanks guys for your comments :slight_smile:

Better algorithm for normal maps with two parameters to set (intensity and roundness). I’m currently working on two new parameters - sharpness and details. Some results (only basic specular + normal):

would it be possible to add bump map too?

do you think it can be made seamless?

thanks

bump maps are already done but before I show something i need to improve algorithm. As for seamless textures I have two ideas but implementation is not quite easy

any possibilities to do this in python may be as an addon to make it 100 % integrated in blender

thanks

hmmm, as for now I have about 1700 lines of code, beta version will be released soon - then I will try to write addon that can export textures directly to my program

ask question in python forum

there must be a way to save image then run your script and reload the new image file back in blender from a python addon!
for bl or cycles mode

thanks

Will this software work in Linux?

It depends on interest but linux version is not a problem

work in progress - first test in blender of generated maps with basic (as possible) node setup ( normal map + specular )

Update - more info about progress in first post (screenshot of working software attached)