Metalhey's Sketchbook

Hello everyone!

I am about 2 months into learning Blender, no previous 3D training or Art training for that matter. I started doing some of my own work about a few weeks ago, still learning though, and wanted to share some of it. SO what better way than to start my own Sketchbook.
Constructive criticism welcomed.

Being close to Halloween, here is a monster sculpt i did. Its my second sculpt i have worked on.
Used Dynamic Sculpt. Render at 500 samples.

Some of my very first projects i did on my own.

Hand sculpt i did. Think it was from CGCookie tut i followed.

This was my first project i did by my self. One of my rings. So annoying trying to wrap the chain around.

good images all of them.
I like the monster’s skin, it has a great ‘feel’ to it.

Heres a quick sculpt i did today. Got inspired after watching a Tremors marathon.

Took me about 30-60 min. Quick mesh with the Skin mod, first time using it and i found it kind of…tricky.
Dynamic Sculpt. Cycles 500 samp.

Some troubles i had while sculpting i noticed is that holes were made in my sculpt sometimes while smoothing,which i had to use grab brush than try and pinch it shut. Any advice on what causes this?

Damn witchcraft I say! =)

Amazing job. I wish I were this good at organic modeling and sculpting.

I was browsing some 3d mags and read an article about speed sculpting. It was about seeing how fast you can sculpt something just from your imagination. Setting a time limit and just seeing what you come up with. I was intrigued so i did one earlier today before working on another project. This is what i came up with in 20 min.

Elder Alien.

Just a cube with multi ress 5x, applied. Dynamic Sculpt, than just grabbing and pulling till i got a shape.

I am at a point now where i am getting alot more comfortable with modeling to where i want to learn how to retopo my models and make them look more realistic. Does anyone have any links to some videos they learned how to do this?

Here is a Head Sculpt of Carnage that i’m working on. Hope to be my first retopo project.
He is definitely one of my favorite villains.

A Demon sculpt i did tonight after taking a break from another project.

Here is my first Retopo i did of my Alien.
Cycles. 1000 samp. Normal Map.
I had troubles with the skin, trying to make it Alien enough, also trying to go for kind of a wet look.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]267407[/ATTACH]

Spent the night compositing and finishing him.

Some rough sculpt doodling.
Dynamic sculpt + Vertex Paint.

Pure Dynasculpt + Vertex paint. Renderd in Cycles.
I wasnt happy with my last render of this guy, it was very bad… I wanted to make him more realistic. played with the SSS node and some other setups. I think this one is much better.

Been busy with school i finally was able to sit down and do a quick sculpt.

Humbug!

Dynamic sculpt. Made a quick top hat, whats scrooge without his top hat.

Been practicing some hard surface modeling, this is something iv been working on and off the last few weeks.
Still some more things i want to add to it.

Been practacing some Anatomy.
Skull sculpted.

Hardsurface sculpt. pure dynasculpt. No retopo.

keep at it dude!

A squid like Alien creature. Just something quick.

I haven’t been keeping up with my practice over the past year and a half i think it is, with just finishing college and working. I’ve finally found time to get back into it. It sucks that i’ve had so much time off, who knows where my artistic level could of been right now. But life happens, nothing I can do. Just happy I have time to do this again.

With getting back into the swing of things, here is something i did last night. Something to try and shake off the rust.