bicycle chain

Inspired of the brilliant book “Death to the Armatures: Constraint-Based Rigging in Blender” by Christopher Kuhn (and of the intro of Games of Throne) I am studying the rigging of technical gadgets. My first result is a bicycle chain with two gears (and without a bicycle):

I am focusing on exact kinematic and to make the model as simple as possible. I’m following the approach that Christopher Kuhn describes in his book. But with one exception, I do not use the try-and-error method to make gears and chain fit,
Christopher Kuhn: “Warning: This process is time-consuming and annoying.”, “This next part will be fairly annoying.”, “When you’ve (finally) got that part done, things get even more annoying.”

If you calculate the dimensions and the distances of all parts on a sheet of paper before modeling, it isn’t annoying at all. You need for that the intercept theorem and trigonometry.

Is that made by drivers, or only using ridig body?

What magic you have done. I think this is a great work. Just keep on doing these kind of nice work. Good Luck!

is it not so hard to make this. all you need to do is to create a curve modifier and drive the X location to the rotation of the wheel, so the chain is rotating around the path.

My example.

It is a great idea because it is a different types of thoughts and ideas.First of all create the model after that start the work.Just go through with these types of works.Many inspired books are available on the internet.