UV Warp Modifier Tutorial

Hi

After releasing UV Offset modifier and tutorial on using it I had many questions.
Where can I get Blender version with this modifier? Why the tutorial is not more detailed?
So I’ll try to answer these questions in new videotutorial.

UV Offset was replaced by UV Warp (thanks to developers involved!) and now it’s available in official releases.
New reedited and extended tutorial on cutout style animation using UV Warp can be found here:

Nice animating! :slight_smile:

This looks fantastic. Need to work through an example to fully understand. Can it be used in a similar way to switch textures on a regular 3d character too?

Also keen for an OS X version to play with :slight_smile:

Yes, you can use it with non-flat geometry.

Thanks! I’m starting to figure out how to use this now for changing mouth-shape textures on a 3d character. Great. I don’t really understand how the bone movement offset relates to the texture translation though. Is 8 Blender units significant somehow?

Anyhow it’s definitely getting the job done for me, even if I don’t quite understand what I’m doing yet :wink:

This is EXACTLY what I’m looking for, but it goes TOO FAST!! Is there a .blend file available?

Hi Pawet - I went thru this tutorial a number of times, but I’m missing a few things. You’ll understand if you have the time to look at my attached file. It’s very simple, just eyes moving. But my eye bone offset is very…delicate(?).

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

UV_mod_02.blend (526 KB)

Sorry, but can’t get how to use it.
I thought, that I create complex model, a simple lowpoly model with UV, applying UV Warp, and it creates highpoly UV projected to lowpoly.

I also watched this and it’s a cool demonstration. Showed me an approach I never would have thought of.
But it doesn’t really explain what the UV Warp Modifier is designed for in the first place, so I think I’ll need to look that up before I can really appreciate what’s being done in the cutout-style technique.

I ended up using this modifier for mouth decal switching on 3d characters in a project recently. Worked perfectly, though it does take some setup. I’m planning on a couple of tutorials late in the year covering mouth replacement techniques I’ve tried. Thanks again for the modifier :slight_smile:

LOL

i download it and it has purple… :frowning: