ulliroyal Sketchbook

Trying to update my thumbnail…

sculpting doodle with lots of material and light hints from the admired Michalis:

I followed the great tutorial from Kent Trammell on Blendercookie about creating realistic head. Well, still needs a little bit of work.

Attachments

After trying a lot with blueprints and photos for the car i grew up in, i found out that i don’t have the patience to run through that difficile process again. But i wanted that picture. So I downloaded http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=33613b4072f7083ada806c4df2e1e4e3&prevstart=0and cleaned it up quick and dirty.

Attachments

Really cool work. I love the raybans.

Asymmetric sculpt with metaballs base - it is hard for me to really improve the sculpt by refining it, but I love it in this early stage :slight_smile:

And accidentally deleted Sun glasses:

Inspired by Doris’ great chimpanzee study i enter the challenge:)
My approach:

• just imaganation, no further reference - since i saw enough monkeys in my life i thought :wink:
  • starting with the default icosphere as asymmetric base mesh
  • Symmetrize only once after 10 minutes of sculpting

and playing around with the great quick preferences for the lights
btw i could not find any use for the specular values in the quick preferences.

Hope you enjoy it

A cycles “beauty” render with some procedural pore bump:

Sideview:

Testing my signature and some doodles …

The monkey, what a character!
Great flow of shapes, Love it!

Thanks Mate !!
I love looking at him too - He is so confident, strong and friendly.

I actually did almost everything on him twice (left/right), since I found out that symmetry on is not only “half the fun” as you said, it is often also only half the truth.

So I was trying to achieve some symmetry instead of taking it as a boring feature.

Next step for me is now to improve my one hand work flow, making my toe a control pusher, finally :),

Conversation:

ulli learns to block:

Lights are crucial in that flat projection of a sculpt. Turn the sun a few degrees and Sean Connery becomes Lenin.

And some snake hook and presentation efforts:

Well I wanted to sculpt a woman. This is what I got from cycles :slight_smile: :

somewhat later:

working on a relief shader, for pointcloud mountain

Relief Maker WIP

Reliefmaker iLu edition doodles

Trying to give the C from my OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) a face.