Jurassic Park T-Rex

Hey Guys,

Just Finished recreating a scene from Jurassic Park, and here’s a still that’s completely CG.

The short we created was for a weekly film contest, you can check out our full scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pOG2kFhnWg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUG8AxMVa6eutIGxrdnDxWpQ

Clay Render:

Enjoy!
Steve

Damn this looks nice!

I give you this, you really do know how to build suspense.

It seems like you did a good job on the VFX, I couldn’t really tell any difference in quality compared to the effects in the original movie. This also shows how the Cycles engine has indeed allowed that sharp increase in render quality that has allowed Blender to produce imagery similar to the commercial apps.

Nice! It looks very realistic.

This is impressive, very impressive.

The thing that ruined it was the weird brief t-rex roar, ruined the illusion.

Also the dudes reaction to the goat meat was over the top. :smiley:

Still very impressed though. Best cgi i’ve seen out of blender.

Are you going to post a breakdown?

Hey Thanks for the Thoughts!
Did you watch the scene in HD? If you view it again you should see that the Dinosaur is not roaring, but instead finished off the rest of the goat. I’ve had thoughts of doing some sort of Breakdown/ Behind the Scenes…

yes I watched it in HD :slight_smile:

It was just something about the animation that felt really quick, in the original scene it was lil slower.

minor criticism. Overall it is very well done, looking forward to breakdown if you do decide to post it.

Hey guys, Just updated my thread with a few clay renders.

Whoa, nice job! I would NOT want to look out my window and see this fellow lol.

i remember the scene from way way way back. and it’s spot on!!

good job :slight_smile:

Amazing work. Looks incredibly real.

absolutely amazing work! just like this one here (http://vimeo.com/21986200) can you post the blend at blendswap so that we could learn more. thanks!

can you post the blend please…