Next Car Game by Bugbear Entertainment

Hey guys!

Long time since I posted here. Nowadays I work at Bugbear Entertainment and we’re developing a new game called “Next Car Game”.

I’ve used Blender for basically all the assets I’ve created so far. Thought someone might be interested.

http://nextcargame.com/

We’re also on greenlight as of today.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176123360

Thanks for viewing!

maybe this is a pretty irrelevant question considering the game is still in it’s final stages but uhh
minimum and recommended system specs? might consider that before pre-ordering.
also this looks pretty awesome game, what was the average polycount for one complete car?

this looks awesome!

This is amazing, everyone’s saying this is the real Flatout 3 :smiley:
It’s even more amazing that you’re working in Blender, even though there’s someone with Max in the video :slight_smile:
Average polycount for one car is pretty good question.

why are you using blender when it looks like the whole studio has autodesk software?

With “PC” what you mean? Will it be available for Linux?

^^

for some reason when people say it comes out on pc they usually mean windows for some reason
it confuses me

they should say its coming out for windows / linux / mac
because all those could fall under pc lol

Yeah, I hate this :mad:
Personal computers existed before Microsoft Windows:

I’m kindda flatnatic, this game will be right for me…

System requirements is way too early to say anything about but I believe about 2-3 year old hardware should work.

Average polycount for a car is probably around 50k polys.

Yeah the whole studio uses Max.

Because I like modelling in Blender. It’s a lot more intuitive to me. I use Max for some stuff too but I mainly work in Blender and Photoshop.

Can’t say yet. I know it’s a bit misleading to say PC but at least for now we’re developing for windows. Sorry for the confusion.

Glad you guys seem to like the game!
Any more questions just fire away.

We just released a new video. Check it out!

Theres a little something they do on Polycount that I think would be great to mimic here…and that is creating threads called “art dumps”. Basically an artist working a game drops images and or video of specific content they worked on and some of the development shots of that asset.

IN this case it should/could be blender specific. I would love to know exactly which assets you created in Blender and maybe a bit of info on your pipeline. It helps sell blender to those viewing it and also acts as a form of inspiration to others.

To see an example of Polycount’s art dumps, look here: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125753&highlight=art+dump

@Ben_lind, Looking quite nice!. Do me a favour bud and find out what physics engine is being used (is it Beam Physics, Custom engine?).

Congratulations, in several aspects: The first Game that interest’s me since years, besides all GTA :wink: The Game looks awesome, i like the destruction part so much. Your attitude is great, develop for customers and joy, not publishers and money.

Which Physics Engine would interest me too.

Hi, @Ben_Lind

Looks very good and amazing destruction. What API do u use to create it?
Maybe u can show your works in Blender? maybe models or smth else?

Car damage does look good, but I hope that driving is on same level, earlier games have always been bit boring on that side.

There are some people in this world can live exceptionally wonderful life, music is not he is engaged in WOW Gold one after another unknown love to go, regardless of the outcome is good or bad, they seemed exhausted every effort to love each other, most operators Finally then re hurt, but also quickly recovered smartly waved toward the past to say goodbye, while there are some who love the time it was full of exhaustion. But maybe that is because it is too hard, to lose this relationship, they have no strength to go to fall in love with another person. Long to life, had a lover, a partner, other people want to get into their hearts, can only catch up. A really good time, obviously, you belong to the latter.

Sorry for the late reply guys!

Yeah I’m aware of Polycount’s art dumps but I don’t think we’ll be able to do that just yet since our game is still a work in progress and all material isn’t public yet. As soon as we’ve got an ok to share more specific stuff I’ll probably post them here.

I don’t have to find that out. It’s our own engine called ROMU.

Glad you like it! Your question is answered above. :slight_smile:

Like I told SaintHaven I can’t show any specific stuff yet except for the video and screenshot material we’ve published so far.

A lot of work has been put into the driving model and it is constantly being tuned so it will surely be a lot better than before.

Absolutely amazing. I’m speechless. I really hope it all goes well. This said by a total Flatout and similar games fan but also a professional game artist. Those videos of the gameplay completely rock. Yes, publishers (some very few aren’t like this) wont get out of their typical easy/safe (lately “safest” thing to do is not doing the expected, so they are surely wrong even from a commercial perspective) formulas, but that means nothing. Really hoping you get funding, crowdfunding, and/or enough direct sells.

Yeah the whole studio uses Max.

I hope you do not have same pressure on you than I used to have in every small studio because I used always Wings3D and Blender while everybody else was using Max or Maya… Still, if you provide them seamless integration, they don’t complain (too much, they tend not to like it, they are ok because of the results…)

One comment in the critics side, though… The only single thing I am not so convinced is…The title ! IMHO you really really need another name, marketing wise. Is plainly non exciting, is ok for a developers internal code name, but definitely damages all the project to get sells, companies interest, etc… As much work has gone into the game… IMO, thinking of a really catchy name is better, does not need to be super original, but more exciting, more unique and deeply thought for your target audience… Even something that feels more abstract like it was “Grid” sounds better… IMO, very good names were Need For Speed, Flatout, Death rally, etc… IE, mixing catchy words like Demolition Arena, or sth… Dunno, maybe I am plainly wrong on this one but is sth that pops out to me too much… :wink:

Hey Extrudeface! Thanks for the support and encouragement, appreciate it!

Yeah well they do tend to joke about it a bit but since I’ve figured out my own workflow that seems to work they don’t really care. Both software have their good and bad sides but I greatly prefer Blender over Max.

I agree with you about the name. It’s getting a bit late to change it soon though. A lot of people already know about NCG and changing it could lead to confusion.