LOTR - Sting

I made a sword. I struggled in some parts of the modelling, but I was a good learning experience for a noob like me.

The back end (butt?) was tricky, It looked good when I made it but it wouldnt fit the wooden bit (shaft?) so I had to edit it into place and it made it look a bit meh!

Attachments

Not bad. The pictures are a bit on the small side, but from what I can see it looks nice. It looks very much the same as the movie (which I am a huge fan of so that is a complement :slight_smile: ).

By the way. “The back end” = pommel. “the wooden bit” = grip.

Pommel! Of course. I knew that really, I just err…forgot :o

Thanks A’nW, your comments are much appreciated.:slight_smile:

The sword looks really fantastic but the rest doesn`t… if you know what I mean…
Great details and shader anyway. Nice work.

Not sure if I follow Alin, do you mean the blade looks good but the grip, hilt and pommel do not? Or do you mean the backdrop?

Cheers mate :slight_smile:

Well done all around. The blade is fantastic and the handle as well. I attempted to model a scimitar myself a while back and the result wasn’t nearly as impressive as yours. If you could share some of the process you went through that would be much appreciated!

Thanks Solerous! Here is the .Blend if It helps you http://www.pasteall.org/blend/23754

I case it’s any use, to make the centre ‘spine’ part of the blade, I hide the outer edge verts in edit mode, then using proportional editing raised the middle vert at the widest part of the blade. This gave me a nice arc to the centre of the blade whilst keeping the blade’s edge verts in place. That may be obvious to you (and others) but it was something I figured out myself when I was struggling to get it right. Again sorry if Im preaching to the choir.

:smiley:

Great shaders bro! :wink:

He means that there’s nothing else in the render, it’s awesome :slight_smile: I agree. Well done, and you said you’re new huh?

Nice! Awesome!

Well I started using Blender January 2012, but I took a year out from it when my son was born, so 8 months using blender, I suppose that’s not really new is it :confused:. Gotta stop using that as an excuse now:p

Cheers for the comments guys, the standard on this site just blows me away, so it means a lot to have good feedback.

Happy Blending!

Beautiful work… Huge fan of the books and movies so this model is 5 * in my book. Try blender an emission node into your material for a glowing render and Post pro some fog glow glare. Keep up the awesome work!!