Seasons

I seem to be churning out projects recently :slight_smile: Here are a few pictures from my latest venture-

For this project, I wanted to create a variety of moods from one setting, using the brightness and colour of sun lamps along with saturation of materials and of course some modelling.

The whole project, with more pictures and some Gifs can be viewed here

Any critiques or tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks :).

Attachments

This looks really great. The sky is too distracting though in my opinion. I would love to see a render with a flat or gradient sky.

Thanks coldstar, I tried the gradient out:

Not quite sure if it looks better :confused:

You are right in my opinion also. Your original has better atmosphere to it. The gradient however gives a good feel on direction I think. Your previous shots lined up with the seasons looks great, but the sky looks like there is a flame or smoke over it. Maybe if it’s flattened a little, or the lighting angle is changed. By the lighting angle, I mean just the sky in either an up or down shadow, not much angle instead. Then the actual volume of the clouds could handle the depth unevenly.

I love coming back to this thread, I want to repeat what I said. It is really really awesome. The lighting to the different seasons is just about perfect.

Thanks again, coldstar :slight_smile:
I see what you mean about the smoke, so I tried the sky without any gradient:

And I tried to reduce the contrast in the sky on this one:

Nice renders! The GIFs are just awesome. The rectangular rain adds nice atmosphere to it! I have never thought, that low-poly objects could look so cool, when rendered! I’ll wait for more!

xcellent once again. I followed your link and liked the animated versions very much specially the thunder storm :smiley:

You have definitely set a style and I think the crumpled paper sky with or without gradient is part of that style.

Thanks for the responses :slight_smile:

This is my latest update- a little snow Gif :slight_smile: You’ll have to see it here…

Exelent!
Very good colors