Blender games for up coming website

Hello everyone, i’m currently working on a website for blender games. Imagine a website similar to Steam but with blender games only.
I need games to put on the site also for testing, i can’t test the site without any games.
If you have a game made in blender you’d like to share with the world please contact me so i can upload your game.

*All games on the website will be free.
*You can choose to upload the .blend file or executable file or both, it’s up to you.
*You can license your game from the website
*I’ll need some screenshots of the game and a cover image, when searching for your game and etc.

If you’re interested in joining the project please contact me as well, since i’m a programmer and not a designer i’d like to get a hand with the design of the page.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I have a lot of preparation for the website and much stuff to cover.

index file so far, W.I.P

If you like I can upload a blend.file soon but it’s going to be something simple.

Thanks, to be honest i don’t care if it’s simple, all i want is a complete game made in blender! :slight_smile:

BS interesting moniker. :slight_smile: I will try to get something up soon as well. :slight_smile:

Everyone’s enthusiasm for websites are great, I just wish everyone could get together and make something top notch, rather than having a bunch of sites that are average. Sites that already exist to host or show off finished blender games are:
http://bgame.anicator.com/

http://www.blender-games.com/
http://www.gameblender.org
http://blenderartists.org - finished games forum

Yeah, but www.blender-games.com is down for quite some time and probably won’t get back online in the nearest future. I’ve talked to the owner and he dosen’t have time for the website anymore which is sad! :frowning: cause i wanted to cooperate with him and make a great website for blender games, so i tried to start for myself.

The concept for my website isn’t just the games, it’s also a lot about the users, news and demos, really just anything about the bge.
Every user will have the ability to upload their game. Later on i’m hoping to bring the games and blendstore even closer by achievements and such by connecting the games to my databases but that will take a bit to integrate to my site.

dude, these are great! thanks! :slight_smile:
I’m using your username as developer of this game. you can edit everything yourself when the site is up and running and you’ve an user signed up for the website! :slight_smile:

Project: “Wrecified” will be free but ad revenue based,

Can you handle ad money distribution ( all ad revenue to go the the blender foundation/ BGE development fund)?

will you have the capacity to host player generated content?

can you make it so a game gets new ads from you every so often?(if it has a connection)

We are shooting for a AAA quality game, that will be used to spawn a new generation of BGE games…

I don’t think the website matters until we have some decent content to put on it. By decent content, I mean polished or presentable games with excellent gameplay that showcase the BGE’s capabilities (of course, easier said than done). One might say, one of the best BGE games so far is the Dead Cyborg series. If you were ambitious, you could aim to achieve the Blender version of Steam :stuck_out_tongue:

The mini games are best suited for mobile devices where processing resources are limited, which sadly Blender has virtually no support for (wait for Intel Merrifield, that will be the day…). Generally, people playing on the desktop are going to be looking for the more intense games which require a bit of resources and development. A bit ironic, eh?

BTW, the layout looks good so far!

@Mahalin@ @BluePrintRandom@ I agree with you guys, maybe he should add a category in the website in which you can choose to search for mini-games or demos and in the other category there are all the full finished games.
So in this way even a person who doesn’t use blender will be interested in playing or purchasing the games in the website.

We’ve already got a blender game website,
http://bgame.anicator.com/

How is yours going to be different than that of Anicator’s?

+1

I don’t think there needs to be more blender game websites! I think you should work with others (as suggested before) to improve one site instead of having a lot of similar sites. AniCator’s bGame is by far my favorite. Maybe ask to help him out? :slight_smile:

Whatever you choose, good luck.

Yeah, but i’m pretty sure i can come up with a much better website! :wink:

If you could create an add based revenue system for developers like YouTube then maybe you’re site would be more popular and promote better quality Blender games. the simple truth is not many people can afford to invest the time required to make a polished game. I would suggest having analytics and stats such as number of plays or downloads , average time played, and comments for feedback. This would make you’re site very useful for developers to see how there game is being received.

Famous last words, my friend.
Those are the words that created thousands of long-forgotten .blend files across the bottom of a thousand hard drives, and a thousand pages in the “Works in Progress/Game Demos” forum that have been abandoned from day 1. Be careful when you use them, those words mean death.