My BG Contest WIP

Heyall!
I’m working on my entry for the BG contest, I’ll be posting updates in this thread.

I’m focusing on the face/hair for now, but I plan to do the rest of the body (or at least the torso).

Latest Render:

C&C Welcome,
Guss

EDIT: Its a Viking BTW :slight_smile:

sweet job!

Thanx. I’ve started working on the body, but the hair is not completely done yet (braided hair is hard :wink: )

Guss

oh wow, this is awesome, I don’t think I’ll stand a chance if this is the opposition (ah well, I’ll try anyway)

I’m giving up now! hahaha
Really awesome viking head! I especially love the hair.
Can’t wait to see it in the final scene with a body :smiley: Good Luck

Looks great! Can’t wait to see the rest of him in armor!
Is the hair particle only or a mix of particle and mesh?

That’s a very good start! I like the work you did with the hairs. Good luck in the competition!

Hey thanks for the feedback people! Here’s an update… The chainmail is just a texture, I plan to improve it later.
I also did some work on the hair.

@ NathanFerguson and Minoribus
Thanks guys, Good luck to you too.

@ NelietisLV
the hair (including the braided hair) is all particles no modelling…

Guss

Omg, n1 :slight_smile:
I’ll have no chance :frowning:

Very impressive so far! You say the chain mail need improving, but it looks good here. What’s the plan with him?

Yeah I might keep the chainmail texture, but I do have some stretching issues… I’ll try to fix.

Update coming soon! stay tuned.

Here’s a quick update:
I did some more work on his hair (still not done though), and I modelled the hands/arms and helmet. I still have to texture the helmet, and of course, model/texture his sword and axe. After that I’ll probably focus on fine detail like skin pores and such.

Oh, and he needs a shield. (probably slung across his back)

C&C welcome.

Guss

Sculpting or traditional poly modeling? I am green of envy regarding your skills!

Oh my, I really don’t have a chance of winning ^^; (ah well, I’ll try my best anyway)

@ Morgan Nilsson
For the face I first modelled a basemesh and then sculpted in the details
the rest is traditional poly modelling with minor sculpting on the hands and helmet.

@ CubeGod
Nah, don’t be discouraged too easily. you never know what to expect with Mr. Andrew Price as the judge :wink:

Update coming soon!

Guss

Nice Progress so far. I’d make his arms and forarms and hand palms a little bigger… years of fighting and holding those heavy weapons do change your topology. IMO.

Still hard to judge though…but from what I see , its going to be a Master piece.

Great work

@ CG-Predator
Thanks. Good point about the arms/hands. I’ll work on it. :smiley:

Heyall! I worked on a lot of stuff, added a lot of stuff etc.
Update:

C&C Welcome! :smiley:

Fantastic stuff Guss. The index tendon on the hand closest to us do not quite follow the finger, and the little finger on his right hand seems to be intersecting the axe. But these are small things compared to the overall picture. well done!

(Oh, and i’m glad you didn’t put horns on his helmet.)

Heh! thanks. I took a hint about the horns from the other viking thread (which i’m watching like a hawk BTW :wink: )…
I’ll fix the fingers :smiley: