toki46 - Sketchbook

Cosmo Blender-MACH

Hi guys, this is my latest work. I started the project from an idea of a  splash of vortex that form a Blender logo attempt to enter a Weekend  Challenge "What makes your morning better?" on BlenderNation. But fail  to meet the deadline. After that, I re-consider the title and decided to  merge partially scene of Cosmo Laundromat with my main idea.

About background story and the concept of the artwork, I was try to expand a side story of my own from the story of Cosmos Laundromat.

My idea is the blender machine accidentally affected by the energy or something from the nearby laundry machine. It somehow alter the blender machine having same function temporary, which create a blue glowing portal in the middle of the vortex of the juice.

The original idea about the blue stuff in the juice that I consider before is blueberry orange mix juice. But because of fail meet deadline, it become the blue glowing light from the portal.

All objects that involved are recreate from scratch. I created the splash by using a cylinder. With a shape key, some vertex group and a couple of modifiers, I able to preserve the cylinder shape and have flexible control by using those component I’ve added.

Mug Material Note and Texture Map

Spoon Material Note and Texture Map

Bubble Material Note

Coffee Material Note

Nice texturing of the mug!

Blender Cycles Render: 400 Samples
Try to create some procedural materials, this is the first one.

Inspired by an artwork of Grégoire GUILLEMIN Eclectic Graphical Gamer (http://www.greg-guillemin.com)
Artwork: http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles4/234826/projects/1680846/hd_63ed7f7c5a02677a2b514a1e01de8b2e.jpg

So I decided to used particles system to build one of my own.
Blender Cycles Render: 400 samples
Some design and adjustment done by Photoshop.

Very realistic! I like the scuff marks on the bottom rim of the cup on the left! Nice detail!

thx @sch529, all texture are hand paint or done by variety filters mixing on Photoshop, with my coffee mug as reference.
the right hand side is the real thing, and the left is just playing wth camera mapping.

Very impressive! can’t see which mug is the real one!:yes:

thx @filou.rod~~

2nd procedural material.

Version 2, Small Update on the Fat.
Here is the node setup, kind of messy.

All done by the default cube with modifiers, I categories the nodes into 5 set. The Absorption Shader i was learn from a video tutorial on BlenderDiplom (http://www.blenderdiplom.com/en/tutorials/419-tutorial-absorption-in-cycles.html). Most of the mix node work as masking purpose like Photoshop thing. And most of the Voronoi and Noise textures are adjustable by the Mapping node.
Hopefully can help anyone of you guys, and CC are welcome, thx.

3rd and 4th procedural material.

Some Doodle done by the mug and procedural material I have create lately, Cycles Render 500 samples.

fan count +1
Love the procedural materials and how you present them

Thx, still lot to learn bout procedural material, but really fun.

Here’s another 2 procedural material I’ve made recently.

WIP, test render, Cycles: 400 samples.
Fur not done yet, plan to throw some procedural material recently made on it.

nice sketchbook, interesting experiments with the procedural materials… and the teddybear scene is so cute!